Thanks for All the Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
RC, if you are reading this, please send me a sign. Move the Ouija board. Flutter the curtains. Rattle the diceboxes... anything.

DM Magic said:
Did... Did I just get XP from a poster who no longer posts here?
DM Magic's XP total now needs an asterisk next to it. ;)

the Jester

Legend
I am seeing a problem with the examples given, and with how the rule is being enforced. Specifically, the rules only talk about being civil at the personal level, with the person you are actively in a discussion with. Civility is not something that only exists on the personal level.

A personal attack is uncivil, but so is a blanket attack, be it a gross generalization, religiously intolerant remark, or generally acting like a jerk. It seems to me that many extremely uncivilized comments in these problem threads were allowed simply because they were being uncivil in general, rather than being insults of a personal nature. There was frighteningly high number of blatantly sexist, homophobic, and racist remarks that went by without reprimand, seemingly because the mods didn't see a specific target to the comments (I can provide examples if requested).

[MENTION=7808]Deset Gled[/MENTION], here's the thing: did you report those posts at the time?

Last edited:

CuRoi

First Post
Well...I go lurker for a bit and suddenly the whole place goes all World of Darkness on us...

I haven't been around long but I liked RC's style and enjoyed his posts. Good gaming to the guy - and anyone else that got sucked into the drama. (You guys sure you can't just rock / paper / scissors a way out of this???)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
See what happens when I leave you lot alone for a few weeks? Sheesh!

Good luck RC, and I hope you find your way back here eventually.

Lan-"I'm out of it for a few days and everyone starts getting delusions of grandeur"-efan

nedjer

Adventurer
There sure is a lot of "I quit the Internet, and I'm taking my stuff with me! (See you again in a day or two.)" in the online RPG community lately. :erm:

Who and for what reasons?

Yeah I know the code's a bit much in the morning. Going to try a transparency later to tone it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads