• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Thanks to Wulf's book) Heroes of High Favor: A Dwarven Saga

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: Re: Session 3, part 3

Wulf Ratbane said:

See there? This is what happens when you don't update often enough.

Mix up yer gnomes and dwarves again and it's ass-meet-boot time.

Although I'm not sure I want to picture four dwarves "corning" the little trickster and pinning him to the wall.

Wulf

I was just checking to see if y'all were still awake.

Ghost

First Post
You know I find something very odd. You see I was a player in one of Rune's last games. The Oriental Adventures with a twist game. Myself and another VERY good player rootbeergnome decided since there was no story line and only fighting we should play your typical dwarf. We decided to play dwarven brothers, which turned out to be one of the best characters (not because of the game, but because of myself and rootbeergnome) I have played. We played our characters so well in fact and had so much fun with them that Rune asked us to STOP PLAYING, because we were "taking away from the party". I think it was because everyone else in the party loved our characters and saw how much FUN IT COULD BE to actually play. So I find it odd that right after rootbeer and I left college you decide to play a dwarf campaign. Could it have been inspired by oh DrunkenDwarfSnores and StrongDwarfStands????

Rune

Once A Fool
Ghost said:
You know I find something very odd. You see I was a player in one of Rune's last games. The Oriental Adventures with a twist game. Myself and another VERY good player rootbeergnome decided since there was no story line and only fighting we should play your typical dwarf. We decided to play dwarven brothers, which turned out to be one of the best characters (not because of the game, but because of myself and rootbeergnome) I have played. We played our characters so well in fact and had so much fun with them that Rune asked us to STOP PLAYING, because we were "taking away from the party". I think it was because everyone else in the party loved our characters and saw how much FUN IT COULD BE to actually play. So I find it odd that right after rootbeer and I left college you decide to play a dwarf campaign. Could it have been inspired by oh DrunkenDwarfSnores and StrongDwarfStands????

:D

Whaddya talkin' about? That was the only game I've run with a strong story line. :p You all were just slow in picking up the hooks!

All good-natured bitterness aside, though, welcome back, Ghost. In answer to your question, yes...and no. The dwarves, if you'll remember, drastically altered the tone of the game, which was somewhat like horror. The campaign briefly overdosed on humor, for a while. It wasn't really the dwarves so much as the massive amount of "in character" table-talk that continually destroyed the atmosphere. That and the fact that neither of you seemed to be able to show up on the same night.

Consequently, I knew that the next time dwarves are allowed dominate the game, it had better be in a campaign that they actually fit in. So now, I'm running a campaign that's supposed to be dominated by dwarves. It's designed specifically for it.

However, the main inspiration wasn't you. It was (as the title of this thread indicates) Wulf's excellent book on the subject. His other books will also find their way into the campaign, by the way, but probably not with PCs. At its heart, I envision the campaign as a dwarf campaign until the end.

Drunken Dwarf Snores and Strong Dwarf Stands were great characters, though.

Oh, and about the updates: sorry about the delay, folk. Real life ate me. I'm still struggling to get free.

Last edited:

Ghost

First Post
Good to be back and alive. Yea I admit those dwarves were funny as hell. Especially when that zombie trog almost killed me and I was healed as soon as I hit the floor. LOL Hey I am going to be in berea next weekend. I might scrounge up my dwarven brother and stop by for a game if you can arrange to have two more dwarves make an appearance. I am starting my new job soon so I won't have so much free time to just wander the country. Even if I am the only one to show up I would love to get in on a game. Just email me and we will see what we can get into.

Later

Oh and is someone still setting fires to everything?????

jaldaen

First Post
Hey Rune,

Just checking in... so how are things going on your end... have not heard from you in a while and wanted to make sure you are getting my emails... email me as soon as possible and lets see if we can get the project finished (I plan on a major revision of my sections after Thanksgiving when my classes start to finish up). And hopefully we can start playtesting in January. ;-)

Thanks,
Jaldaen

Remove ads