• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thanksgaming!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Is anyone planning any special gaming events for the Thanksgiving weekend? (No offense intended to anyone who doesn't mark the occasion.) I know my regular RPG group will be playing the night before, though if we are shorthanded we'll likely switch to some board games for the evening. I'm also trying to round up some players for a big tabletop miniatures game for Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else?

Wootz

First Post
I'm really hoping to get my players together for thanksgiving, that would be a blast. Dunno if it'll work out, but I'm holding out hope nonetheless.

D'karr

Adventurer
The "old" group is getting together on Saturday, after almost 3 years.

The local players, which have all continued to game together, are all getting together for the beginning of a new campaign. Since some of the previous campaign players had moved away, and are going to be in the area, we are all getting together for the campaign kickoff and festivities.

It promises to be a fun day.

RSKennan

Explorer
It would be really cool to use the food as minis for monsters. Mashed potatoes Gravy, and cranberry jelly could be oozes, and the Turkey could be a reanimated giant's dinner.

Rambling here, but that could be a cool scenario. An artifact animates the food at a giant's feast. He hires the PCs to put it all back to rest, while he distracts his in-laws.

:D

Last edited:

RSKennan

Explorer
And maybe the PCs have to fight with giant utensils to keep the food clean.

Also, if you don't like the artifact, you could use as many mages as would be needed to get the stuff moving. Maybe a necromancer for the "turkey", for example.

This would be a very deep and though-provoking adventure, of course. Serious business.

Wycen

Explorer
I think once more than a decade ago we gathered for Thanksgiving and played before we ate. It was probably 2E DnD, a random dungeon/random treasure chart type of off the cuff thing. But it might have been Runequest and if it was, I am doubtful I showed up until the food hit the table. Hmm. It also could have been Palladium or maybe even Vampire. Oh well, I probably don't remember because the salt-turkey overroad anything else.

While, yes I have had Thanksgaming in the past, for the last four or five years we have adopted another Turkey Day tradition - watching the entire uncut "Lord of The Rings Trilogy" in order. Can't wait to add "The Hobbit" to the mix in a few years.

jcayer

Explorer
We are playing on our regularly scheduled Tuesday night.
My brother is trying to round up a few buddies for some Settlers of Cataan on Wednesday.
If those both run as expected, I'll be ready to join the Walking Dead on Thursday.

Remove ads