• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E That Band

Player2

First Post
So, our Dm gave us a nice challenge and I've been studying some interesting options. I'd love to hear some opinions and suggestions from you "pros" and any newbie like me who wants to take part in the fun.

We're going through a normal 3.5 mini-campaign. Just something to warm two new players to the game, our next one will be run in Pathfinder and it will have a much less serious tone. It'll be laid-back and fun-oriented, as such, this is the plan:

The party will be made-up by only Bards, and she allowed us to pick pretty much any race. There are no home-brewed special abilities, something we often use to tweak our charas BUT, we were told to tweak and improve our instruments. As an example, on a previous campaign, our bard had his guitar reinforced w a metal plate which read "PWNED" so he could use it as a blunt weapon.

Now, I've been considering three classes, Aasimar, Dhampir and Goblin. I'm definitely leaning towards a mariachi-kind of bard, and I'll likely take the guitar as my main instrument. The aasimar and dhampir looked good, and seeing as how we know we'll have a npc w us, who is a Drow, I thought that a more human-like bard would be useful, however....the image of a goblin mariachi trying to flirt with barmaids while jumping on the table and putting up a show is...quite something.

The Aasimar is pretty straight forward, and seeing as how a few can go "bad", it wouldn't be too troublesome to make it a cool chara. The Dhampir...while I'd love to play one, the whole negative energy affinity is troublesome, meaning I won't be able to heal in battle easily and won't beable to carry potions.

Any suggestions you guys have? We're to start around lvl 7, not sure about the starting gold and/or equip yet.

paradox42

First Post
Are you allowed to use Bard Archetypes, at all? There are a lot of good ones that change the way the class works; Archaeologist (which basically turns you into Indiana Jones) is probably the most popular.

Player2

First Post
Are you allowed to use Bard Archetypes, at all? There are a lot of good ones that change the way the class works; Archaeologist (which basically turns you into Indiana Jones) is probably the most popular.

Hmm, I think the theme is to straight up bard it. Basically, a band that also dungeon crawls, so that sort of archetype might not rly fit

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads