• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

That thread about cars

I have researched them well and actually talked to a salesman a few years back…but fiscal responsibility got the better of me (my car was still new!).

Maybe one day!
Hope it works out for you when the time is right :)
Crazy now that the FK8s are worth more now used than when new. But the car market overall is crazy!

I had a '92 Prelude that I sold in ~'01 and was looking for a project car back in '16 or so and was going to go with a 'lude until the articles on the CTR came out. Got excited as I needed a daily and wanted to get n the track too and could do both with that car. I too had to wait a few years my job wasn't very stable and finally got a Type R new in May 2020. Have about 16k miles and 20 track days on it :) All smiles.

But game respect game, and the VW GTI is one of the greatest hot hatches.
Yep. But after Emissions Gate I just don't trust the company. Having worked in engineering and often been involved in cultural change initiatives, I know what it took for that to happen, and I know what it takes to change the culture. I don't trust that the engineering culture has changed to something I can respect, yet.
Generally, I like the Japanese cars for wrenching and mods. More forgiving than the Germans.
Yea, this is the first car I'm getting into mods with. Interesting sub-culture.
All that said, I still have a soft spot for Pure American Muscle.
No doubt, me too. Even still they are the poster children for fast cars, even when they are not :)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yea, this is the first car I'm getting into mods with. Interesting sub-culture.

Congratulations! You will now have an answer to the question, "What is more expensive than a WH40k addiction, and more time-consuming than deciding to remodel your entire house yourself?"

On the plus side, it could be worse. I have a friend who is really into boats. Not only do I get to make fun of him, but I get to enjoy the fruit of his labors.

No doubt, me too. Even still they are the poster children for fast cars, even when they are not :)

The classics are just that ... so amazing.

classic-pontiac-muscle-cars-catalina-2+2.jpg

If I ever got to have a project classic car to really get going on, it would be this ('65 Catalina 2+2) or something similar. As it is, I am currently on an Audi TT (Mk1) with and for a young relative.

Ryujin

Legend
Congratulations! You will now have an answer to the question, "What is more expensive than a WH40k addiction, and more time-consuming than deciding to remodel your entire house yourself?"

On the plus side, it could be worse. I have a friend who is really into boats. Not only do I get to make fun of him, but I get to enjoy the fruit of his labors.
My last motorcycle was a 650cc twin, that cost me about C$8,500. I put $4,500 worth of suspension mods on it without ever touching the engine, or exhaust. Power means nothing, if you can't get it to the ground ;)

Ryujin

Legend
I should also note that there is a way to burn through money faster than WH40K, car modding, or boats. It's racing. I've seen more than a few motorcycle racers burn through a second mortgage in a season, then never come back to the track again. I'd hate to think what racing cars would cost.

Remove ads