• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The 4e Mystery Race is going to be...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Knock it off, gang.

Talislan said:
Erm...new to this guys so not sure if I'm offending or entertaining here. Just airing a view. if I'm missing some comedy element or just plain missing the point, please let me know.
Talislan, you may not have meant to, but you insulted a huge number of players with your "orcs" comment regarding IQ. If you would, please try to avoid blanket statements... they tend to cause problems, so we encourage folks not to make them. Everyone tends to be on edge right now due to 4e, and that means that everyone has to go out of their way to be more polite than normal.

Talislan

First Post
Orcs anyone?
How about OrcLings?
or maybe even (Heaven Forbid!) The mighty tunneling Gnome-Orcs of the underneath the under bit.

Hmm... Enjoy your weekend folks. Happy gaming.

Talislan

First Post
Piratecat said:
Knock it off, gang.

Talislan, you may not have meant to, but you insulted a huge number of players with your "orcs" comment regarding IQ. If you would, please try to avoid blanket statements... they tend to cause problems, so we encourage folks not to make them. Everyone tends to be on edge right now due to 4e, and that means that everyone has to go out of their way to be more polite than normal.

My apologies to one and all. I didn't mean to offend in the least. in fact quite the opposite. Orcs will be great just as any other race can be, if they are played well. I don't want to see them as an advertising gimmick to extend the audience base.

If anyone has any question about what someone means in any future threads, please take the time to ask them if you have read their comment the right way.

Again ...have a good weekend, and happy gaming.

BBQ

First Post
Minotaurs are only considered to be sailors and such in the "Dragonlance" setting, which is not being directly supported currently. Everywhere else they are nasty giant monsters who're apt to kill and eat people, and are typically found in mazes/dungeons/deep spooky places in the earth.

My guess would be hobgoblins.

catsclaw227

First Post
Talislan said:
My apologies to one and all. I didn't mean to offend in the least. in fact quite the opposite. Orcs will be great just as any other race can be, if they are played well. I don't want to see them as an advertising gimmick to extend the audience base.
I would like to see them extend the audience base. With books like Shelly Mazzanoble's Confessions of a Part-time Sorceress reaching out to women, as well as drawing in the WoW fanbase, it can only mean good things for the hobby. More people playing is good.

(FYI -- the interview with Shelly Mazzanoble in Cerise Magazine is good. Her attitude about introducing women into the game is spot-on.)

EDIT: Shelly's book and drawing in WoW players are separate ways to extend the fanbase. I didn't intend to imply that her book would draw in WoW players, but who knows, maybe it will bring in the female ones. :)

Last edited:

Talislan

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
I would like to see them extend the audience base. With books like Shelly Mazzanoble's Confessions of a Part-time Sorceress reaching out to women, as well as drawing in the WoW fanbase, it can only mean good things for the hobby. More people playing is good.

(FYI -- the interview with Shelly Mazzanoble in Cerise Magazine is good. Her attitude about introducing women into the game is spot-on.)

And that, dear Catsclaw is the way I would like to see new audiences brought in aswell. I'm afraid I seem to be giving out the wrong vibes today though and its probably best to go back to topic.

Any giant bug race they could bring in?
Big fan of the cho-ja race (or however it was spelt) in the daughter/servant/mistress of the empire series by Feist and Wurts.

Kintara

First Post
Aloïsius said:
Imperial seafaring kobolds ? Hum... No. :cool:
They ride around in collossal dragon shaped ships, and there's like a thousand kobolds inside each one. Each ship comes equipped with an appropriately themed "breath attack" emanating from the dragon ship's head.

Yes. I can see it....

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Kintara said:
They ride around in collossal dragon shaped ships, and there's like a thousand kobolds inside each one. Each ship comes equipped with an appropriately themed "breath attack" emanating from the dragon ship's head.

Yes. I can see it....

I think kobolds as a core race in PHB1 would make me drop 4e. (shudders)

Brad

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads