The Accord

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sarren Lith tentatively approaches the makeshift camp, his eyes wary and his hand nigh-everpresent at his kukri. He approaches the guard near the finely-dressed man, waiting cautiously and observing whatever is going on.

The young human hunches slightly, even though he is waiting to be noticed. His eyes slide over everyone nearby, lingering slightly on anything that seems to be valuable...

Kisuke_Kurosaki

First Post
"Young Man, come join us. You are also one of the trumps that are needed to right the deck. So we now have 4 trumps, I guess the brief shall have to start. Listen up and listen well. The deck is unbalanced, the cards are appearing reversed more often lately and this is a bad sign of what is to come if this is left unchecked. So the Lord Rellion commisioned me to investigate with the Lady Dashkova's blessings. So what we must do is enter the Keep and keep our eyes and ears peeled for anything suspicious. So do you understand the monumental destiny of you being the trumps?" The noble waits for his words to sink in and realization to dawn.

ghostcat

First Post
A human male in his mid twenties hurries towards the camp, behind him trots what looks like a large dog. As he arrives at the camp he is breathing heavily as if he has been jogging for quite some time. Stopping to get his breath back, he looks around as if unsure what to do next.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sarren's eyebrow raises as the well-dressed man addresses him, a young commoner.

"Trumps? What are you going on about? If a deck ain't balanced, stab the guy with the rigged deck and use a real one. But I wouldn't know anything about any stabbings of late..."

His face has the look of one thoroughly confused...

Theroc

First Post
The man spoke somewhat excitedly and kept going on about tarot and cards and trumps, and Arok was starting to get a headache.

"No... I dunno nothin' 'bout no decks, or trumps, or Lords and Ladies. I don't even remember why I even came here. I dunno nothin' 'bout no destiny either. Sounds like ya got work that needs doin' tho', so I'll 'elp ye. Ye'll owe me in coin 'er in favor's, agreed?" He wasn't particularly greedy, but he also literally had no clue what this noble really wanted him to do, he just knew that he didn't do crazy tasks of supposed monumental destiny for 'free'.

hellrazor111

First Post
"He's saying that there may be a plot going on here, and he wants us to keep an eye and ear out for possible trouble." replies Alex. "But why would anyone want to stop this treaty? It will mean peace throughout the Accordlands."

Alex hops up and approaches the nobleman and says "I will do what I can to help events go smoothly, though I agree with Mr. Arok about a reward for this task."

Kisuke_Kurosaki

First Post
"Your destiny will BE met.You will BE on guard. You will NOT fail Lord Rellion and Lady Dashkova. If you seek a reward at the end of this excursion, YOU will negotiate with Lady Dashkova for a reward. Now to answer your question mage, those who would disrupt this treaty are those who unbalance the deck currently." The noble explained agitatedly.

He leads you into the keep, hailing various guards and dignitaries while ushering you to meadow full of tents.

"These will be your lodgings for the remainder of your stay.You will only leave this tent under supervision of either a guard or your sponsor. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?" The captain of the barracks did not make it a question.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sarren rolled his eyes. Gods this guy's stuffy, the young scoundrel thought. Nevertheless, if there was some decent coin to be made, and a warm place to sleep for a while, he was in. He follows as the nobleman leads into the encampment.

Sarren looked down and away from the guard captain, but nodded his understanding, though not necessarily acceptance...

Willette

First Post
Trask growls at the noble but Lyre quiets him with a quick rub on the head. There is something...oily...about the noble with his talk of fate and haughty nature but even if it doesn't settle well with the halfling he knows enough to realize that some people, once raised to be a certain way, cannot be changed. With a whistle he walks forward beckoning the dogs to follow him. This might not be a fine inn but its better than sleeping in bushes in the rain.

Remove ads