• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Adventures of Royal Homeland Constabulary Unit 27

Bruize

First Post
I've just completed the Axis Island module with my group and have finished posting the adventure logs to our Obsidian Portal pages.

Since we run online using Fantasy Grounds, I had the opportunity to include parts of the actual chat logs which got better and better as the adventure went on.

I did make a few snaffus along the way, the largest of which was forgetting to confiscate Asrabey's Sword and Shield...but I'll let the players enjoy them for a short while until they get found out.

As a side note, I included a short side mission during the module as a punishment for talking back to Delft. The party killed Thames Grimesly and his dockers so future appearances of Thames will be played by a close friend or relative instead.

KILLED them? Yipes! What provoked that? Or were the players just not clear that as law enforcement they should take prisoners?

Oh wait, story logs. I suppose I can just read those.

Bruize

First Post
So what happened is in their very first encounter with Thames and the dockers, Thames managed to outright kill their Sorcerer. So, during the punishment side mission, I sent the team as bodyguards for a random Danoran noble I slapped together and they accompanied him to an underground fighting arena in Flint. Thames and crew challenged the team to a rematch and they took revenge on him...even after being told NOT to kill their opponents.

To be honest, as bitchy as the Duchess was to them in their first meeting with her, I expected them to slit her throat and claim Asrabey did it. When they "overheard" the conversation between Ethelyn and Asrabey, they players actually were so intrigued by the conversation one made they comment "this :):):):)'s gettin good."

I also wanted to point out that I shared the link to the campaign recap so far with a friend of mine who plays from time to time. She thought would make a good movie. I have to agree.

Last edited:

Bruize

First Post
I wanted to make a quick update on how my group is progressing through the campaign.

Let's start with LeBrix. The group's unofficial leader, the rogue, has decided LeBrix did it and that he should be assassinated because he's a douche. I did try to play LeBrix as a bit of a dick and a little protective of the consulate.

The team has learned quite a bit about Nilasa so far. They have interrogated most of the consulate staff including the boyfriend and the Secretary. They have inspected the crime scenes both inside and outside. They have inspected the body, noticing just about everything about it. The rogue even snuck away and broke into the consular's office disguised as the consular himself and managed to get into the safe to see the papers that were left after Nilasa stole most of them from the office.

The team found the alley the dcortor ran into and also the house of blue birds. They've learned about Officer Porter having tossed the doctor's room and that the doctor ducked out the back long before they arrived.

The team has also tracked down Nilasa's wrap sheet and located the source of her contraband, the gnome couple. When heading into the alchemy store, they showed their badges readily so Danisca made sure to cover her tracks. She tried to convince them everything was by the book but the PCs weren't buying that. They asked to see her license to sell controlled substances and she paniced calling for the guard to hold them while she flushed the stash.

As the combat raged on, Blander proved to be a thorn in the agents' sides. They had managed to drop him but Danisca tossed a health potion at him, reviving him and allowing him to put some distance between himself and the agents. He began to rain down spells from the second floor balcony. As the agents finished off the last of the extra guards I tossed in, the rogue chased the gnome upstairs. He, being a changeling, disguised himself as Dansica and tried to tell Blander the fight was over. With an extremely high bluff score, Blander was buying it until the rogue tripped a water tank trap (i had placed them upstairs in the hallways of both buildings) but didn't fall in (I missed). Instead he used acrobatics to flip over it and stab Blander with an at-will power that granted combat advantage, used an action point to attack with his daily and got a critical hit. When asked if he was going to subdue or kill the gnome, the player replied, "That bitch is dead." On his next turn, the rogue kicked blander's corpse into the water trap.

Ultimately, the team managed to subdue Danisca, tie her up, revive her and question her. She played the grieving widow part with perfection. Her answers delivered mid-sob. During a hysterical fit, she got the team to agree to "let her go" if she told them everything. They agreed and she spilled the beans. After telling them just about everything, she said she'd give them the location of the ship when they were outside and she was walking away. The players decided they didn't need that and arrested her. Danisca countered that they said they would let her go, the rouge responded, "We're letting you go...to jail."

Bruize

First Post
I really am enjoying the campaign. The leader of the part is my former DM so Imagine some of his antics are a bit of payback for the crap I gave him for years.

I'd really like to play in this campaign world myself but running has been a blast.

As a side note, I'm still looking for 1-2 more players to round out the group. If anyone is interested, feel free to email me at cursemonger@gmail.com.

Last edited:

Bruize

First Post
I've been posting campaign updates over the last week or so. I really let myself get behind. I think I've dealt with the resurrection of PCs in an interesting and decidedly rare way...they're not going to want to go that again.

Tonight, my party dealt with Leone Quital in the Weight of Crumbling Stone encounter. They took it and did something I never expected. The party found the secret passage while stalling for time. They were just going to cut and run when the first coach returned with a fellow Agent they had been dealing with quite a bit. Leone gave the ultimatum to turn over the Dr and his papers or the agent died. He cocked a pistol, put it to her head and just before he was going to pull the trigger, they team came up with a plan. The Changeling Rogue disguised himself as the Doctor (took his clothes and everything) and was offered in exchange for Agent Dailie's life. When he approached Leone, the rogue had planned to attack but fumbled. I played it off as Leone sensing the weapon and stopping it mid swing. The other agents had readied actions to attack from range as well. I used the metalmancy again by having serving trays and metal boxes deflect much of the impact. Leone escaped by using an amulet to allow him to slip into the area between planes (similar to the golem encounter).

I should have the adventure log for this session posted by Friday this week. Right now I'm slapping together the few remaining interim logs including the conversations that took place surrounding the death and resurrection of the 2 dead PCs and Delft's coming out of the changeling closet as the Rogue's grandfather...it just fit so perfectly.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/zeitgeist-the-gearheart-saga/adventure-log
I recommend starting with starting with "Mission Report 27-11" as it picks up with the debriefing after Danisca's arrest. I'll post a note later in the week when things are fully up to date.

Last edited:

Remove ads