The All New Paranoia - Coming Friday 22nd!

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Next Friday (the 22nd) marks the launch of the all new Paranoia on PDF and pre-order!

As I type, Mongoose's own team of crack Troubleshooters are making the final tweaks for the launch...
1.jpg

The launch includes...

Paranoia Core Book: All editions of Paranoia are perfect, and this is the most perfectest edition of Paranoia ever. With a serious upgrade to graphics and art, you will soon be diving into a utopia of CoreTech brain implants, secret societies, High Programmers, a completely sane Computer, and Commies who want nothing more than to bring the perfect society to its knees. As a Troubleshooter you will be on the front line of defence against all threats to Alpha Complex, and you will absolutely be able to trust your team mates to back you up whatever dangers you face together!

The Accomplice Book: A wealth of new Fun Things to slide into your missions, including Alpha Complex celebrities, prescriptions, Top 5 Lists, Treason Circles, the much-loved yet revised Mission Blender, and rules which show you how to run every mission made for every previous edition ever - except, of course, the Edition That Shall Not Be Named...

Gamemaster's Screen: The mark of your absolute authority as GM and, frankly, the most beautiful screen to ever grace your table. I mean, just look...

GM Screen.jpg

Computer Dice: A new set of security clearance-coded Computer Dice, with a handy Treason Star reminder on each face. Remember, the more treason you do, the more The Computer will take an interest in what you are doing.

Only the most disloyal of Citizens will ignore the launch of The Computer's bestest RPG, so swing by our website on Friday for fun, frolics and mass terminations!

Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news: Subscribe to our newsletter

Citizens who are not registered for the newsletter make The Computer cry.

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
On the one hand ... I am on record as absolutely loving Paranoia. The amount of time I played the 1st and 2nd edition ...

On the other hand ... I checked the website, and ... " a bluffing-based card-driven combat system ..."

Hmmm. Not to offend any MtG players out there, but I've always felt that cards are for poker.

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
On the one hand ... I am on record as absolutely loving Paranoia. The amount of time I played the 1st and 2nd edition ...

On the other hand ... I checked the website, and ... " a bluffing-based card-driven combat system ..."

Hmmm. Not to offend any MtG players out there, but I've always felt that cards are for poker.
You are in error citizen.

The card-driven combat system was in the previous edition (which was obviously perfect).

The new edition dispenses with the cards in order to deliver laser blasts with greater speed and accuracy.

(No cards in this edition, you will be good :)).

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
You are in error citizen.

The card-driven combat system was in the previous edition (which was obviously perfect).

The new edition dispenses with the cards in order to deliver laser blasts with greater speed and accuracy.

(No cards in this edition, you will be good :)).

It’s another beautiful day in Alpha Complex starting with the joyful buzz of fluorescent lights. I reflect on the bounty of friend Computer- two ration pellets, a humongous 2m square cell, and the soft dulcet tones of the Computer.

“Good morning Citizen. Time to serve the Computer. For your service, we have removed the playing cards from your cell.”

Today will be a good day!

kronovan

Adventurer
I'm interested in acquiring the Core and Accomplice books for this, but Mongoose Publishing books in my Canadian city are non-existant in game or book stores. When I've asked if LGSs can bring them in, the answer has always been no.

Meanwhile the mongoosepublishing.com store doesn't seem to be a viable option for me. If I use USD as my currency, the store appears to do the exchange rate conversion from CDN to USD funds when I add either book to my cart. When I go to check out however, it coverts the USD to GPB, effectively increasing the cost from roughly $120 to $150 CDN; 25%. Or am I missing something, with what I'm perceiving as being an exchange rate conversion, actually instead being hidden shipping costs and taxes? Certainly does seem like the cart is calculating the exchange rate conversion, because when I check the USD cost on a currency conversion website, it's less than $1 CDN difference.
The shopping cart page states that if you "Spend $70.00 more and get free shipping!" Is that statement with a US $ symbol possibly a mistake, with free shipping only being available to customers ordering from UK addresses?

Ordering direct is confusing - I don't understand why it's converting from USD to GBP when the store is giving me the option to list all prices in USD? Some explanation of the costs would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Remove ads