• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Arduin Grimoire and fixing the DMing issue within

Wycen

Explorer
Maybe I have to read the thread a third time, but are you swithcing to Arduin or taking a break from it? Can't tell. Oh, there it is, 3.5.

A suggestion from someone who used the Arduin charts for 2E, have each character roll randomly on the class charts for a special power. It may require you to fiddle a bit to make things not grossly unfair, (my NPC henchman got to speak an extra 10 languages, which was perfect for a wizard but when a PC rolled the same thing that kinda sucked) while the party wizard got like a bonus to saving throws versus slimes or something almost totally useless. But it was still fun to make the roll. :)

RainOfSteel

Explorer
So whaddaya think? Is the plan doable? ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS!
You said you felt you needed a break. This was the decision you arrived at after your review.

You felt you couldn't let your players down, so you have gone with a completely different plan.

From your description, it sounds to me like you are on burnout and need to step away from a while, but have persuaded yourself not to for social reasons.

What I think you need to do is carefully watch how your feelings go in the next few weeks. If you sense this burnout deepening, you'll know you need the break. If you don't, your revised plan worked.

Good luck. (This message will not self-destruct.)

Bleys Icefalcon

First Post
Just reading all of the old Grimiore materials has me stoked all over again. One of the funks that my players are in, is the standards we've been running are simply getting old. As I said above, they've/we've seen it all.

Whelp, they haven't seen this...

The wars that ravaged the lands and brought the Kingdom of Arduin under a protectorate of all interested parties - parties interested in exploiting the wondrous Nexus of Worlds upon the Plateau on Eternity has brought the land, for the first time, a lasting peace.

In the moss covered forests of En-Lune the ancient Khel Tree, old when the world was new, finally failed. The Ard-Rhel, the Fey of the Khel had long since passed from this region, having been driven out and destroyed by the massive waves of Deodanths - with the Ard-Rhel gone, it was only a matter of time before the Wierd upon the Holy Tree failed. As any Diety, when there are no longer those to believe in it, it's power and influence fail, it goes from consciousness to lucid dreaming, to deep slumber.... and eventually death. The Khel had run it's circle, and with no fanfare, it tumbled to the earth, where the worms and termites, woodcocks and such began to break down its one mighty form.

And that night, for the first time in a dozen millenia, the Starlight shown upon a once shadowed patch of forest, upon the crumbling tomb that stood at the base of that once-wise tree. And though only a trace of the winnowy lite managed to penetrate the interior of the tomb, enough caresses the Blood Black Gemstone within to begin it pulsing once more...

CommanderX

First Post
How did it go ??

Found this old thread searching around..... well, How did your plan work out ?? Here we are in 2014 now, are you still playing/DMing, and using the old Arduin rules??

I'm a big fan of Arduin and had the honor of playing in a Arduin event this year at the DexCon (#17) event in NJ... it was a blast !!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads