The Art of Eberron: AWESOME new WOTC Update!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I love the non-European elements of the artwork - it evokes a somewhat different feel, and definitely gives me the cosmopolitan adventure feel that I first got from the setting.

One thing I didn't like is the "Elemental-powered dishwasher" concept that the artist tossed off the top of his head, though it was a throw-away idea, to be sure. One thing is for certain: Eberron is DEFINITELY not for people who dislike magic-pervasive settings, because the almost 1930's cosmopolitan atmosphere will be positively dripping with magical contrivances and conveniences, from the sound of it.

However, most adventurers won't be schmoozing in a magic-empowered city; they'll be going to visit those Argonnessen Barbarians, or exploring those Talentan ruins, or travelling with those Emerald Claw Armies - in other words, the kind of things Doc Savage or Leif Langdon would be doing. :)

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
We didn't get much of a peek, but at least it wasn't the same shot of the halflings on the dinosaur again. I'm still liking it.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Yeah, I can just see the dishwasher repairman/elemental water priest coming down the driveway, Holy Symbol in one hand, enchanted Warhammer in the other... :)

Davelozzi

Explorer
Kai Lord said:
Oh man, Wayne Reynolds is on board. This just keeps looking better and better....

I have to disagree here. I think Wayne Reynolds is way overated. To me his stuff is too busy, too cartoony and just alltogether too weird. The stuff by Steve Prescott looks pretty cool though. Frankly, the black and white line drawings in the previous previews did more than either of these for me.

I'm still looking forward to the setting, but overall this preview probably knocked my enthusiasm down a notch rather than up.

Henry said:
Yeah, I can just see the dishwasher repairman/elemental water priest coming down the driveway

shudder

Gez

First Post
I'm not too fond of WAR either (which puts me at odds with my friend Krusty), but he can do good work.

Most of those Eberron pics are rather quality work.

Except this one:
ebb_20040217_Running_Barbarian.jpg

The face just don't look right. It's not the face of someone running away from enemies. It's the face of someone wondering if he hasn't forgot to turn off the light and lock the door before going to work.

Last edited:

BlackMoria

First Post
The face just don't look right. It's not the face of someone running away from enemies. It's the face of someone wondering if he hasn't forgot to turn off the light and lock the door before going to work.

Now that you mention it......yes :D

That means the art must be the Extreme Explorer - and he is going to work :p

EricNoah

Adventurer
The thing that really sticks out in the art for me is the architecture and other sculpture-type-thingies. Some definite Central American influences there.

Remove ads