• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Art of War (TLG PR)

Troll Lord

First Post
TROLL LORD GAMES PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Troll Lord Games
Phone: (501) 661-0449
Fax: (509) 272-3375
Email: troll@trolllord.com

"Justin Bacon's The Art of War"

LITTLE ROCK, AR __ February 19, 2003 __Troll Lord Games announced today the addition of "Justin Bacon's The Art of War" to their Summer 2003 release schedule.

The Art of War includes everything you need to bring the challenge, the thrill, and the horror of war to your D20 games, from minor skirmishes to
combat at an epic scale, where you can dominatie the field and claim victory through the sheer force of your will or your mastery of the arts of war. The cover is available for preview on the Troll Lord Games website at www.trolllord.com.

"Justin Bacon's The Art of War" is a full OGC sourcebook for massedcombat rules. It is 192+ pages, hardcover and retails for $29.95.

About Troll Lord Games
Troll Lord Games debuted at Gencon 2000. Alongside it's hallmark d20 line and The Codex of Erde, TLG publishes the Gygaxian Fantasy World Series, Gary Gygax adventure modules and Fiend Games. For more information, visit our web site www.trolllord.com.
Copyright 2001, Troll Lord Games. "d20 System" and the d20 System logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used with permission.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Sounds like a book with a void to fill. D20 has a few such books planned and it'll be interesting to see who makes it to the market first.

gorgon1964

First Post
Awesome, thanks.

I was just curious why the title JUSTIN BACON'S Art of War should have me excited.

Usually that's reserved for something like Gary Gygax's World Builder, if you know what I mean.

knight_isa

First Post
gorgon1964 said:
Awesome, thanks.

I was just curious why the title JUSTIN BACON'S Art of War should have me excited.

Usually that's reserved for something like Gary Gygax's World Builder, if you know what I mean.

<shrug> I was wondering that, too. Maybe he figures that this way he'll get some name recognition.

Troll Lord

First Post
Titles and names

Hello all,

Thanks for posting Justin's bio up there. Always helpful. The Art of War promises to be a really nice project and, like Joe pointed out, fill a nice vacuum in the market. We've been working with Justin off and on, when we took him on as writer and chief editor of the Book of Familiars we became impressed by both his skill and knowledge of the game. This pitch was a natural thing for us. Davis (one of us trolls for those you not in the know) worked on a combat system in Felsentheim that was never wholly finished. He's been wanting TLG to publish one ever since.

As for why Justin Bacon's Art of War? Its a play on Sun Tzu's Art of War. Obviously Justin doesn't pretend to be the mitary genious that Sun Tzu is but his book will be the mechanics equivalent of the mass combat d20 books.

I'll get Justin over here to put his TOC up, I don't have the final handy.

Steve
:hat

Justin Bacon

Banned
Banned
(EDIT: Attempted to post the table of contents, but I couldn't get the forum to show the proper indentation. It was effectively illegible as a result. We're going to try to get up somewhere else for people to take a peek at. Until then, I'm removing it so that it's not chewing up screen space and bandwidth.)

Justin Bacon
triad3204@aol.com

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Troll Lords & Justin Bacon. Um. I guess I better bite my tongue.

Anyway, while he's not famous per se, he is somewhat well known on usenet. For something related to the name of the company. (though it spilled over into the review section here) That's all I'll say.

But anyway, it does seem to fill a void. Especially since Eden's Fields of Blood is pretty much vaporware. And for all of Mr. Bacon's faults, he does know d20 pretty well.

Now if we can only get Hong to write a book.

Last edited:

Remove ads