• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Basic D&D pdf

Tush Hog

First Post
According to Mike Mearls:
[MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls: Just reviewed the Basic D&D PDF - it clocks in at over 100 pages. Combat, exploration, etc., all in there. #dnd

That seems to cover more than I initially thought. I was under the impression it was just Character creation.

Now, I'm really excited!

Last edited:

Darth Quiris

First Post
WotC is going to have server problems come July the 3rd when Basic D&D is released. Everybody and anybody who role plays is going to be downloading this game just to check it out.

WotC is going to have server problems come July the 3rd when Basic D&D is released. Everybody and anybody who role plays is going to be downloading this game just to check it out.

about 7 of us in my area all agreed to just let 1 of us download and email it to each other hopeing others do the same so that we can keep the numbers down...

As I mentioned on rpg.net

Fiddleback &#8207 [MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls That's not what goes up on the 3rd, though, right? Just the character bits?

&#8207 [MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls
[MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION] Nope - that's what debuts on the 3rd.

So more than just creation rules on the third woohooo!

Frank Foulis ‏
[MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls [MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION] I am confused character creation only on 3rd right? then rest of basic in august?

Mike Mearls
[MENTION=7314]darth[/MENTION]Jerod [MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION] character creation + core rules. DM material in August.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Mike may well be referring to the "full" basic, not just the character generation portion.

EDIT: No, that's what goes up on Thursday. It's Character Creation plus How to Play.

Cheers!

Tush Hog

First Post
As I mentioned on rpg.net

Fiddleback &#8207 [MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls That's not what goes up on the 3rd, though, right? Just the character bits?

&#8207 [MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls
[MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION] Nope - that's what debuts on the 3rd.

So more than just creation rules on the third woohooo!

Frank Foulis ‏
[MENTION=32417]MikeM[/MENTION]earls [MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION] I am confused character creation only on 3rd right? then rest of basic in august?

Mike Mearls
[MENTION=7314]darth[/MENTION]Jerod [MENTION=6704070]Fiddleback[/MENTION] character creation + core rules. DM material in August.

Excellent!

caudor

Adventurer
My understanding of the last LOL article was that the material to be released on the 3rd will include:

Races: The dwarf, elf, and halfling each feature two subraces: hill dwarves and mountain dwarves, high elves and wood elves, and lightfoot halflings and stout halflings.

Classes: Each class features one option for specialization. The fighter has the champion martial archetype, the cleric features the life domain, the rogue has the thief roguish archetype, and the wizard has the School of Evocation arcane tradition.

Backgrounds: The backgrounds featured in the Starter Set pregenerated characters are included in the D&D basic rules.

Equipment: The basic rules include the Player’s Handbook equipment chapter in its entirety.

Rules of Play: The D&D basic rules cover combat, using ability scores, adventuring, and the rules for magic, all taken straight from the Player’s Handbook.

Spells: The game provides a wide selection of cleric and wizard spells, from 0-level cantrips all the way up to the most powerful 9th-level spells.

Perhaps I am incorrect.

Remove ads