• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bender Class

severed_ronin

First Post
THE BENDER
So whilst sifting through homebrew classes on www.dandwiki.com, my friend and I found a homebrew class that someone created based upon the series, Avatar The Last Airbender. We gave it a look over and decided there was a few things wrong with it, so we took it upon ourselves to make change it around a bit. Now, remember in the process of looking this over, that we tried to take away some of the aspects that tied it to the series in order to basically just make it into another class. He made a few changes on it first and I changed a few of his items (being the DM myself) that I believed would put it closer in line to being balanced. Now, this is by no means, a final draft. There are still some things I believe may be wrong about it, but for the life of me, I can't find them. This is why I come to the ever-insightful wise ones here in EnWorld. Take a look over this and let me know what you guys think of it. Comments, criticisms, and concerns. Let me know them all that way I can edit it into a class that will be usable in my campaign. Thank you and rock it yo.

View attachment Bender.pdf

Also for comparison purposes, I have included the link to the original Bender class below.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bender_(3.5e_Class)

Sylrae

First Post
First Thoughts:
Slow fall makes no sense for water benders or fire benders.
Air benders should eventually get something like fly (controlling air-currents).

While it needs some work, I'd also suggest you look at Project Phoenix d20's Monk Variants. They are all avatar based, and he covers the 5 big styles you see in the show (including Ty-Lee). The mechanics could be better in a few places, but they're pretty good monk variants styled after the fighting styles in avatar. They don't have the elemental bending though.

Remove ads