The Best Class/Build for My Party's Leader?

jbear

First Post
Ok here's is another dwarven cleric, although the advice so far has been very sound.

I haven't looked at magical equipment. I consider that to be 'out of your hands'.

level 4
Dwarf, Cleric
Background:(+2 to Religion)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 17, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14.

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Reflex: 12 Will: 18
HP: 44 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +9, History +7, Insight +11, Heal +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana +2, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +6, Intimidate +4, Nature +6, Perception +6, Stealth, Streetwise +4, Thievery, Athletics +2

FEATS
Cleric: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 2: Axe Expertise (This will effectively give your Urgosh Brutal 1)
Level 4: Armour Proficiency: Scale
POWERS
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Cleric at-will 1: Sonnlinor's Hammer
Cleric at-will 1: Brand of the Sun
Cleric encounter 1: Sun Burst
Cleric daily 1: Moment of Glory (This power can turn the course of an encounter single handedly. Seriously worth considering!)
Cleric utility 2: Return from Death's Door (A get out of Jail free card 1/day)
Cleric encounter 3: Resurgent Sun

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Scale Armour, Urgrosh

Yeah, History gets the short end of the stick but it is one of my favorite skills as a DM. There are a LOT of ways you can justify it for a check in a lot of SCs for instance.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yeah, History gets the short end of the stick but it is one of my favorite skills as a DM. There are a LOT of ways you can justify it for a check in a lot of SCs for instance.
History is a fine skill in the hands of a PC with an Intelligence bonus (rather than a penalty). A Wizard, for example, or a Warlord or Invoker or Swordmage or Warlock.

How can you defend it for these PCs?
Not in general, but rather in this specific instance.

-- N

tuxgeo

Adventurer
You know, I'll go ahead and give another recommendation for the Sentinel Druid. Either build would work, really, but with all your ranged attackers, Spring/Wolf is badass.

It's a Wis/Con class, so you will have plenty of HPs and surges. . . .

Veering ever so slightly off-topic here: Speaking of the Sentinel Druid, I have a question that really doesn't deserve its own thread, so I'll ask it here (since it might accidentally be relevant to the build in question) --
Regarding the other Sentinel build, the Summer/Bear one, specifically regarding its weapon choices: you get 1d10 for the [W] damage with a one-handed mace, or 1d12 for the [W] damage with a two-handed mace; however, both the DDI Compendium and the updated (today) Character Builder only list the one-handed mace.

So my question is: Where is the pricing information for a two-handed mace?
(Sorry to derail the thread for such a simple question.) :(

Edit: If they merely expressed the difference badly, and actually meant 1d10 for a Mace when used One-handed, and 1d12 for the very same Mace when used Two-handed, then sorry not only for the question but also for my own denseness. :)

Edit again: Well, yeah. OK. Morningstar, you say? And Great Club. I must have been very tired when I posted this question; I looked right at those two and didn't see them. [thx for PM]

Last edited:

Remove ads