• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The best dagger wielding class

Kzach

Banned
Banned
There seem to be quite a number of effective dagger-based builds out and about these days. Having just watched "The Expendables", I'm inspired once again to create a dagger-dude. Throwing, slashing, slicin'n'dicin', pinning people to walls, lots of minion killing goodness so you can describe all those neck and head shot one-shot kills, etc. Oh, and combos, gotta have good combos.

So, yeah, just wanted to hear some opinions on what good dagger builds there are out there; what are your favourites and why?

renau1g

First Post
Rogue then to Daggermaster... sorcerer is good, but they're just spell tossers, rogues are the ones you want to slice and dice. Rangers might be an interesting twist, the many off-turn attacks, minor attacks and twin strike also let you get all stabbity.

Rogue - it's designed round the dagger. Followed by monk - hamstrings, grapple-and-dagger, minion-killing with bursts, throwing (normal or starblade flurry). Sorceror if you want to spell-toss through your dagger.

Klaus

First Post
Rogue.

But I like Sorcerers, as well. Artful Dodger rogues and Storm sorcerers overlap in ability scores, so they would make a neat multiclass or hybrid.

Ardulac

Explorer
There's also the comedy option of Avenger (multi-class Rogue)/Daggermaster. Grab things to boost damage on crits, and crit on 27.75% of attacks.

Ryujin

Legend
From a flavour point of view, I think that Ranger would best suit what you're looking for. Lots of shifting and tumbling past enemies, two weapon attacking, etc..

Mechanically you might be looking for a Ranger/Rogue multi-class, or Ranger/Rogue Hybrid.

Remove ads