• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Best Games for N64

Grifter86

First Post
Hey there, true believers.

I've never been a big console gaming man, so I'm looking for some advice.

I'm asking, in your personal opinion, what you believe the best game titles produced for the N64 were.

I'm looking to stock up on stuff for my aging system, and I figured I look up the EN World crowd for advice.

Destil

Explorer
The original Super Smash Brothers

Zelda: OOT

Golden Eye & Perfect Dark

Ogre Battle 64, if you're into that sort of game.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
One of the most underrated games for the N64 is, IMHO, Hyrbid Heaven.

I was initially pretty skeptical on what I heard about the game, but it plays like a movie, it really does. The ending was top-notch. It was like watching a Tom Clancy film, but with aliens.

Donkey Kong 64 was amusing, especially with the Monkey Rap in the beginning.

If you want a truly challenging game, play Bomberman 64. I swear, its incredibly hard to get the best ending, but all the secrets are very engaging, and the way you can different cutomizeable parts for costumes, which can be mixed and matched, was great. Bomberman in a chicken suit!

Call me nostaligic, but I thought Super Mario 64 was a keeper. The first Mario game where you can go anywhere and do anything...yeah, I'll be going back to that one again and again and again.

Ristamar

Adventurer
Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, F-Zero X, StarFox 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64, Rogue Squadron, and 1080 Snowboarding were all excellent, and there are plenty of others.

Granduke

First Post
Ahh the N64 blurry graphics, games by Rare, and so much wasted potential

Ok my list would be;

Conker, Mario 64, Paper Mario, F-zero x, both Zelda titles, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong racing, Blast Corps, Ogre Battle 64, Battlezone Rise of the Black Dogs, Satrfox 64, International Superstar Soccer, and the Banjo games.

And forthe love of god, stay away from Quest 64 :)

Grifter86

First Post
Thanks all. Especially Granduke for the tip about Quest64. I probably would've picked that up had the clerk at Gamestop not looked at it blankly before trying to supress a snicker.

Right now I'm working on Zelda: OoT and Resident Evil 2. Both are solid games. Thanks for all the advice.

Starman

Adventurer
Zelda: OoT was easily the best one player game for the N64. Nothing beats Perfect Dark for multiplayer. God, I put a lot of hours into those games.:D

Starman

Kip the Bold

First Post
Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Zelda 64 1&2 are all excellent and have held up pretty well over the years. Turok (the original, not the sequels), Rogue Squadron, Mario64, and Pilotwings64 are pretty decent games. Pretty sad that the list of good N64 games is so small compared to a list for the PS1.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads