• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Best & Worst of 3rd Edition: SINGLE BEST Product of 3rd edition (poll closed)

Choose the single one you like best

• Draconomicon (WotC)

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (WotC)

Votes: 124 16.8%
  • Magic Item Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 37 5.0%
  • Player's Handbook II (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Spell Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Unearthed Arcana (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Complete Book of Eldritch Might (MP)

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe (XRP)

Votes: 35 4.7%
  • Midnight (FF)

Votes: 31 4.2%
  • Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords (Pz)

Votes: 83 11.3%
  • Ptolus (MP)

Votes: 104 14.1%
  • Tome of Horrors I (rev.) (NG)

Votes: 38 5.2%
  • I want ZAZ, and they ain’t got it.

Votes: 19 2.6%

• Poll closed .

Voadam

Legend
Harneloot said:
ANYONE who doesn't vote Ptolus has simply never really read the Big Brick nor played a campaign within the city.

Incorrect. :)

I play in two campaigns there, own it myself, and use it in my games, but I still don't think it is better than UA.

A very good setting book but a few things are not really to my taste: firearms in D&D, the planar shut down, martyred Lothian, etc.

Greg K

Legend
I now consider the poll's integrity lost by that call to arms. Maybe I'll get to work early and hit the computers in all four computer labs and add about 200 votes for UA. :]

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Greg K said:
I now consider the poll's integrity lost by that call to arms. Maybe I'll get to work early and hit the computers in all four computer labs and add about 200 votes for UA. :]

Now, now. At least the people voting here are theoretically people.

I didn't intend to suggest dirty pool.

I did mean to suggest that's why you shouldn't take unscientific opinion polls with an amorphous electorate too seriously. :)

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Let's be reasonable. I voted here at least a full day before Monte mentioned that he saw the poll, and I post there WAY more often than here, so my vote IS legit.

Greg K

Legend
Psion said:
Now, now. At least the people voting here are theoretically people.

I didn't intend to suggest dirty pool.

I did mean to suggest that's why you shouldn't take unscientific opinion polls with an amorphous electorate too seriously. :)

I wouldn't rig the poll, but I did want to see what ENWorld regulars (or at least those here often enough to have found the polls on their own) and willing to vote found to be the best. Now, with Monte linking the poll to his site, we can't.

Last edited:

Thrommel

First Post
Hmmm... so the fact that I own 7 of the 12 products listed above or my 20+ years of experience playing D&D are negated by the fact that my post count hasn't hit quadruple digits here?

I apologize for polluting the empirical integrity of the internet. I thought when it said "Choose the single one you like best" the question was directed at me.

-Thrommel, apparently a mere hobbyist gamer.

Greg K

Legend
Thrommel,
The issue that I have is that Monte linked to his site no other publisher (that I am aware of ) did that.

As for you placing your vote for what you felt was best, I have no problem with that.

Thrommel said:
Hmmm... so the fact that I own 7 of the 12 products listed above or my 20+ years of experience playing D&D are negated by the fact that my post count hasn't hit quadruple digits here?

I apologize for polluting the empirical integrity of the internet. I thought when it said "Choose the single one you like best" the question was directed at me.

-Thrommel, apparently a mere hobbyist gamer.

Thrommel

First Post
{no other publisher (that I am aware of ) did that}

That's sort of the rub though, isn't it? How could one ever control that? That's the part I don't get.

I will freely admit I would not have voted if I hadn't seen the link.

However, I did not register an account specifically to stuff the box and I looked at all the products listed and chose the one I like best. I don't see how my experience or opinion is invalidated because I followed a link.

In the end, it's an informal, unscientific poll. Like the rest of the internet - if you don't agree with it, ignore it.

-Thrommel, who also has not said what he voted for.

Remove ads