• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The big announcement: 4dventure

LoPaC

First Post
Theres way too many posts for me to go back and re-read, so this may be already stated:

Has anyone noticed that all the dice have the number 4 facing up?

Glyfair

Explorer
catsclaw227 said:
I get the sense from a vague comment by Erik Mona in another thread that they did know something and with some time, they can make an announcement as well.

Then again, I could be wrong....
I know another former WotC employee who said he knew what the announcement was going to be about, so I assume that the word went around. Of course, the "word" might have been misdirection.

Looking at the times of the various posts, I think I scooped everyone by about 1-2 minutes. Woo Hoo ;)

Eric Anondson said:
Plus, for all we know 4e may be transparently compatible with 3e products. In that case there won't be a hard rush to redo everything already out there.

I'd like to think that ... I'd actually consider buying a product if it was equivalent to the shift from 3.0 to 3.5 (essentially backwards compatible and easily convertible). But if that were the case, why call it 4E? Why not just announce another revision of 3.X?

Jonathan Drain

First Post
Here's what I've got so far on my D&D blog:

Wizards to Announce 4th Edition Tomorrow
"Discussion already abounds but I’m going to stick my neck out here and announce that Wizards is announcing Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition at Gencon 2008 on Thursday, 16th August..."
http://d20.jonnydigital.com/2007/08/wizards-to-announce-4th-edition-tomorrow

4th Edition: Early Indications
The 4th Edition forum at Wizards is already up, but evidently we weren’t meant to find it until the big announcement tomorrow at Gencon. I still have the forum open in my browser, so here’s what I can tell you...
http://d20.jonnydigital.com/2007/08/4th-edition-early-indications

Finally, here's a link to vote up the story on digg.

Korgoth

First Post
LoPaC said:
Theres way too many posts for me to go back and re-read, so this may be already stated:

Has anyone noticed that all the dice have the number 4 facing up?

Umm... you might want to go ahead and skim.

KingCrab

First Post
I'm so overwhelmingly depressed. The only up side for me? At least I didn't finish actually learning and understanding all the 3.5 rules yet ;) .

Erik Mona

Adventurer
catsclaw227 said:
I get the sense from a vague comment by Erik Mona in another thread that they did know something and with some time, they can make an announcement as well.

Then again, I could be wrong....

We're pretty much as in the dark as everyone. I have reason to believe I'll know more soon, but it's way, way, WAY to early to say what our plans are, because we haven't made them yet.

Pathfinder and the GameMastery Modules are 3.5 until 4.0 comes out. After that it'll be an issue of the terms of the OGL and a variety of other factors, including what our readers tell us they want us to do.

--Erik

Talath

Explorer
Erik Mona said:
We're pretty much as in the dark as everyone. I have reason to believe I'll know more soon, but it's way, way, WAY to early to say what our plans are, because we haven't made them yet.

Pathfinder and the GameMastery Modules are 3.5 until 4.0 comes out. After that it'll be an issue of the terms of the OGL and a variety of other factors, including what our readers tell us they want us to do.

--Erik

You're good people.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads