• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Big Winner of Essentials

aco175

Legend
Let the speculated eratta and houserules begin.

Wild speculation: these items receive a saving throw to resist being destroyed or even a critial failure roll like in previous editions. I remember some fumble rules where a roll of 1 caused you to roll on another chart and another 1 caused a chance to item explode. Let the random chart assault begin.

Festivus

First Post
I dunno, if you were dumb enough to attack the rust monster with your "flaming sword of epic doomslaying" rather than using that spare you had laying around... you deserve it if it crumbles to nothing but dust. :)

Theroc

First Post
Nah, rust monsters don't scare me. I'll use my "Obsidian flaming sword of epic doomslaying" on the rust monster, thus no longer needing to fear the rustmonster! Muahahahahaha! ~runs off to Athas~

Ryujin

Legend
I dunno, if you were dumb enough to attack the rust monster with your "flaming sword of epic doomslaying" rather than using that spare you had laying around... you deserve it if it crumbles to nothing but dust. :)

I predict that the Swordmage's Sword Bond class feature will become very popular, shortly.

Tony Vargas

Legend
The Rust Monster was scary when it came to a really good item, anyway - you couldn't make an item above your level, so if your level+4 sword of niftiness rusted away, it'd be some time before you could re-make it.

Now, if a DM wanted to, he could rule that the specific residuum from an uncommon or rare item could be used as a 'special component' to reconstitute that item.

Odhanan

Adventurer
... or a rock, for that matter. Absolutely! ;)

Rust Monster? The Fighter screams in fear and hides behind the wizard.

rust+monster+dmg+will+mclean+cartoon.JPG

Remove ads