The Blue & The Grey (Cupid & Psycho)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"Well, if you want to talk to someone else, Sergeant McNulty's the man to find around here."

He's available after about five minutes of waiting; you see him on a phone call in the meantime.

kirinke

First Post
[sblock]
Committed Hero said:
kirinke - Adrianna Shannan
Barak - Mac McDowell

The LAPD Metro office is close by; you actually can walk there. Since it is a public record, the two of you have no trouble getting a look at the post mortem investigation report:

Michelle Dowling dod January 15th, late pm (cf Coroner's rpt Kafesjian Mark). Cause of death asphyxiation. Body found in a rubbish bin 1/18 behind a line of stores on Vermont Avenue by an employee of a clothing store. ID confirmed with fingerprints. No relatives in the area. Last known address 1318 Tularosa Drive. Most recently employed as a waitress, Hideaway Lounge on Pico. Initial investigation by Tpr. Daniel Rypien. Last seen at 347 Woodruff Ave, Westwood 1/18 approx 7:00 pm.

Other than an attached impound report (which states that Dowling's car was found abandoned on February 19 at the corner of Olive and West 3rd Street. There were no keys in the car or on her person and the car is currently at the LAPD impound lot), that's pretty much all that's here. The brevity of the report seems odd to you both, particularly since it appears there doesn't seem to be any work done since the victim was found and IDed. The case must still be considered open, yet a detective has not been assigned to the case.

[If either of you are the starstruck type, you can make a Knowledge: Pop Culture check for some additional information].
[/sblock]

Shannan smiles brightly as Sergeant McNulty walks over. "Hi Sergeant. This is Agent Ryan, I'm Agent Shannan. We'd like to talk about a case that fell into your lap, the Dowling case I believe..." she looked through her notes, finding the report.

"It says here in the report that she died of asphyxiation right?" she lookrf down at the report in confirmation. "Well. We'd be really grateful if you could expand on this. I mean, this is pretty slim on information and you know how bosses are. They like knots tied off neatly and placed in little boxes." she shrugged helplessly at the face of 'upper management.' and then descretely elbowed her partner to back her up with whatever other questions he might have.

ooc:
I'm going Columbo on this guy. Wanna go Barney Fife on him Barak? :)

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
ooc
I'd think she knows that, but is wondering why it's not on the report. Asphyxiation can cover alot of things. Strangulation, death by pillow..... It just means she died from a lack of oxygen.

Shannan nodded at the Sergeant's answer. "Well. What about the scene? Anything wierd about it? Did you do a sweep of the area, ask people if they saw anything unusual... That sort of thing?" she asked.

Establish the who, what, where, when and why. We got the who. Dowling. The what... Asphyxiation. That doesn't tell us much. Where, a dumpster. But was she murdered there, or was her body simply dumped? I'm thinking dumped. When... It doesn't say. And why... Why will tie everything together. Shannan thought to herself.

"Also, do you have a copy of the coroner's report on hand? That might clear up a few extra little niggling details..." she said, keeping it friendly.

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
"Naw son, let's cut with the crap, awright? I was a cop too, down in God-loving Texas. Now, I wasn't much of a cop, so they do what they always do with messed-up cops they have no real reason to fire, they asked me nice-like to ask for a transfer to the feds. Naw, that here report? It's the kind o' crap I would have written. That's no real cop-work. There be a reason fo' that, and ya'll tell me naw, right sargeant?"

Throughout, Mac offers the sergeant his trademark, southern smile. Dropping the smile, he continues.

"'Cause if ya make me walk all the way to the gorram office of the gorram coroner to find more, I'll get gorram mad, and *crap* is gonna fly."

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Always wondered what gorrom meant.

IC:
"You really don't want to see him mad. Hell. I don't want to see him mad. Bad things happen when he gets mad and I have to file the report! That makes me mad... I hate reports! Especially reports in which I have to explain exactly how and why he broke the stuff he broke!" she said, playing it up.

Last edited:

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"You can argue with me six weeks to Sunday, but my answer will be the same. The information you claim to be looking for isn't here, and isn't gonna come here. Neither of you know what it's like to run a department here in LA, so until you do, I got nothing to say to you."

Barak

First Post
"Fine, fine, for fu.." Mac interrupts himself, and grins as he looks at his new partner. "For Pete's sake. I didn't know things had gotten so bad in LA ya all din't investigate murders no more is all. No offense meant. We be on our way then."

Remove ads