• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Blue & The Grey (Long Shots)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
If you follow him, he leads you to a cluttered office in an adjoining building. From a desk with several shelves he pulls out an old black book. As he pages through it, it looks like a catalog of mythical Irish monsters.

"The other day, I noticed that a brush I had used to comb out her mane was stuck on one flank. Not in the hairs, mind you, but held fast like a fly on flypaper. And the way that harse was sweating today - it might not be sweat.

"Here. Have you ever heard of an 'awe-GISS-key'?"

Widowmaker

First Post
Bishop will read the file and then look over at Heywood. "You gotta read this." As Heywood is reading it Bishop will talk to the trainer.

"If what you are saying is true. That would be why Nealy said to keep it away from water. Listen, who would know more about these things?" Bishop will ask.

Starman

Adventurer
"It was Aiello's liver that was found on the beach," Heywood mumbles, casually flipping through the rest of the book. Sticky horses that eat people? What is the world coming to?

"Are you sure that this horse isn't really sick and the brush didn't just stick in its coat?" the detective asks. He tucks the trainer's book under his arm.

Widowmaker

First Post
"Answer my question. Who would know more about this? A professor, a priest, who?" Bishop will ask the trainer. Trying to shake him of any resistance.

Widowmaker

First Post
"Excuse us for a mintue. Bishop will pull Heywood off to the side. "As ridicules as this sounds. I think it has credibility. I think we found our killer. What other evidence do we have. There has got to be somebody in LA that would know something. I am thinking a professor at UCLA or USC might."

"Why else would Aiello's liver just show up, we have no other leads, Nealy thinks the horse will run faster than the wind, but it hasn't been papered yet, why because no one can ride. Nealy says its to stay away from the water. I know its far fetched but hell. What else is there?" Bishop will state to the Fed.

Starman

Adventurer
Heywood searches for something to say, some rational explanation, but comes up empty. Finally, he shrugs his shoulders. "Well, what the hell are we going to do with the beast then? Should we give Dales a call and see what he wants to do? If he doesn't want it, then I think we're going to have to kill it. We can't let the damned thing run loose if it's going to kill people and munch on 'em."

Remove ads