• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bold Adventures of Poins--On the Town

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Rhialto said:
Meer smiles, his kohl-lined eyes sparkling. "Oh, I can't count this, my friend." He gestures to the ogre in the headdress. "Lord Etzel has supplied all the food and drink. Still, perhaps if the night goes well, I can talk you into coming to my tent for a fine glass of Fisirian liqeur." He chuckles. "It is has been said none know the pleasures as well as the Iskerians--and of the Iskerians, none know them better than the Fisirians." He leans back comfortably in his chair. "So, then, Caradoc, how are you finding New Holyhall?"

Caradoc mentally rolls his eyes at Meer's proposal, but makes no outward sign as he replies. "Well, I cannot complain based upon the impression it has left thus far; we have a sturdy tent, and seem to be encountering more good will than enmity. The local mercantile establishment has been... somewhat unreasonable, in my opinion, but that is almost to be expected. And yourself, Count? I am curious to hear the perceptions of one who has been here longer than myself."

mps42

First Post
Graevel

Rhialto said:
Verdea laughs. "City of walls or city of caves, it's still a city to the dwarfs of the wild." She looks at Graevel interested. "Still--you are of the Exile, are you not? Are you from Stonehall, then? Or the Averna depths? Or simply one of the lesser mines?" She smiles. "After all, I've known many Children of the Exile to be born above, like myself..."
"I suppose there is some truth in what yer sayin'. I'm of the Exile, like you said, and from one of the lesser mines.
"So, ye were born above, then. Do you not hunger to return to the deep? Every ay abouve is one more I'll not live to see in the deep. There's nothin' like it." Graevel says wistfully.

[sblock=ooc] I hadn't actually figured that out, so...]

Rhialto

First Post
mps42 said:
"I suppose there is some truth in what yer sayin'. I'm of the Exile, like you said, and from one of the lesser mines.
"So, ye were born above, then. Do you not hunger to return to the deep? Every ay abouve is one more I'll not live to see in the deep. There's nothin' like it." Graevel says wistfully.

"Hah. Give me the heights of the mountains! A few caves and mines to gives the weapons we need--and blessed freedom from civilization! Then I am content!"

Remove ads