• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Brawler; who doesn't like some good old fashioned fisticuffs?

Herosmith14

First Post
I FINALLY FOUND A NICHE I CAN MAKE A FIGHTER SUBCLASS OUT OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wracking my brain for an idea for MONTHS! Today, it finally hit me. Unarmed Combat. I tried to stay off the monks toes as much as I could, and I think I succeeded. Hopefully this isn't too much like the Brute (which is to say, too much like the Champion). What do you guys think?

Fighter: Brawler
Martial mastery comes in many forms. Some hone brute force to astonishing power, some learn how to best direct their allies to maximize efficiency. Some study various techniques, weaving the battle into a dance, and some still infuse their training with the arcane arts. All of these have something in common. They rely on the protection of armor and power of weapons forced of metal and lumber. You chosen a different route. You have mastered the power of your own body. You can ward off blows just as easily without a steel suit as with one, and your knuckles are finer than any hammer.

[h=1]Unarmored Defence[/h]At 3rd level, when you choose this archetype, your Armor Class when not in armor is equal to 8 + your Strength modifier + your Dexterity modifier.

[h=1]Mean Hook[/h]Also at 3rd level, you unarmed strikes do 1d4 bludgeoning, instead of the normal damage. When you attack using your unarmed strike, you may make an additional unarmed strike attack as a bonus action.

[h=1]Master Wrestler[/h]Starting at 7th level, you gain proficiency in the Athletics and Acrobatics skills, if you are not already. You double your proficiency bonus for any Athletics or Acrobatics checks you make.
Additionally, you have advantage on any checks made to break a grapple on you, or to grapple another creature.

[h=1]Expert Brawler[/h]By 10th level, you have learned to make your fists come like hammers. Your unarmed strikes now do 1d6 damage.

[h=1]Uppercut[/h]At 15th level, your unarmed strikes critical on a roll of 19 or 20.

[h=1]Knock Out[/h]At 18th level, you can take down even the hardies of opponents with one swing. Whenever you roll a critical hit with an unarmed strike, the target must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 8 + your Strength Modifier + your proficiency bonus). On a fail, double the damage to target. On a fail of 5 or more, triple the damage to the target.

Remove ads