The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
So I was getting ready to put Quagmire in for level 3 approval, when I looked at my loot tracking section, and thought I vaguely remembered getting a few minor cash rewards. I skimmed through the thread, and I picked up these:

• 50g each advance payment from Azrael, here
  • 5g 25s on some kobolds that Kartharath sent after us, here
  • 50g and ritual scrolls of Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements, Eye of Alarm, Water Walk, and Knock from Arjhann's festering corpse, plus a series of partial maps: "When you pick the book up though, its pages all fall off of the spine and scatter all over the ground. Picking them up, they appear to be several copies of maps of Daunton and the surrounding areas. Many of them look like the same map however. All the pages have various holes poked in them all over. Girth has the urge to save all these pages and try to put them back in the right order..." I think Girth ended up with those, and Brudd was holding the ritual scrolls I think. We talked about selling them, but it never happened.
  • 50g each, plus 100g for Azrael that we "suggested" he should turn over to us, from... that dwarf. Thorngrim? I think this is the closest we got to an actual post awarding it.
  • A gem worth 100g, found while searching the boat with the skeletons on it that that dwarf hired us to clear out.
  • 40g from Kartharath's dragonborn soldiers, along with Hrav's deathcut armor and Alex's floating shield.

Total is 100g in "each" awards, plus 195g and 25s in loose cash or equivalent, and 100g to Azrael.

Phoenix, you said at one point that the final adventure thread award would detail all the treasure from the addy, but I'm pretty sure some of that got left off, if not all. What's your intent here? Do we get all that on top of what was in the dragon's hoard?

In a totally unrelated matter, Quagmire's overhaul involves scrapping Weapon Proficiency (rapier) in favor of using longswords (and not sneak attacking any more). Would you like me to pay the 25g for a Transfer Enchantment ritual on the Vanguard Rapier you awarded, or shall we just pretend it was a longsword all along?

Well, that should all be included I suppose. Especially since you did my job of going back through and detailing it all. My apologies for not getting it done. So out of the 195 gp, Brudd would get 27 (7/10 share) leaving 168 divided 4 ways to give the remaining party members 42 gp more each. For the silver, lets just make it easy and split it 5 ways for 5sp each ok?

The book with pages all over is non magical and a plot device for the future. The ritual scrolls can go to whomever can use them or be sold if nobody can.

covaithe

Explorer
So 142g and 5s extra for Alex, Girth, Hrav, and Quagmire. Cool! And we've got a handful of ritual scrolls kicking about.

Could I also direct your attention to that last paragraph of my previous post, about what kind of sword Quagmire is carrying?

The Digger

First Post
I am a little confused and may have got something wrong. Before I left for Scotland I got round to editing Girth's sheet for level 3 and went through the procedure including e-mailing the judges. Now I return I can find no trace of any of the changes on my sheet.

What have I done wrong?

OK forget that, I found me in the wiki but there is no sign yet of any approvals. (hint hint!)

In the meantime I have invested the extra cash in that sling! (Honest Alex, it will save your butt one day, I promise. And when have I ever let you down - you are the chosen one!)

In other news my mother 'seems' to be out of danger although she is still pretty ill. I passed on the best wishes of many of you here and on other sites and she was well impressed by the solidarity of role players.

But speaking about role-players a close friend, an RP'er and figure painter, has just died suddenly at about 41 years old. I am gutted.

It does not seem to be my year (Now I understand Girth's IC rolls!)

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I am a little confused and may have got something wrong. Before I left for Scotland I got round to editing Girth's sheet for level 3 and went through the procedure including e-mailing the judges. Now I return I can find no trace of any of the changes on my sheet.
The changes seem to be there; if you are going from the Approved Character thread, that still links to the Lvl 2 version. Did you remember to email folks with the correct email title?
In other news my mother 'seems' to be out of danger although she is still pretty ill. I passed on the best wishes of many of you here and on other sites and she was well impressed by the solidarity of role players.
:)
But speaking about role-players a close friend, an RP'er and figure painter, has just died suddenly at about 41 years old. I am gutted.
:(

Phoenix8008

First Post
Digger,

Glad to hear your mom is doing better and so sorry to hear about your friend passing. Sounds like Stonegod already pointed the way on your character wiki, so I'll just add that if you could also post a little IC checking in for Girth in the Redblade's Riches adventure, we'll get that moving along shortly as well. Just waiting to hear from Girth and Alex now. Girth doesn't have to be approved before we get going.

Remove ads