• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Champions?

trilobite

Explorer
Has anyone seen of a british televisions show from the 60's called "The Champions". I just read about it and it looks interesting. What is it about and is it good enough to get the DVD of the series?

Last edited:

sniffles

First Post
Is that available? I've never seen it either, but I've read about it and wanted to see it. Is it only PAL-encoded DVD?

trilobite

Explorer
I believe that it is available. There are some Region 1 DVD sets available on Amazon at least

B0009WLVIO.01-A2L1LSI9Z1V3L3._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I watched it back in the day. Pretty good show for its time. Three secret agents crash in Tibet and get super powers. This helps them on their cases, but they keep their powers secret from their boss. There is also a movie. Mostly a clip show.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
It is currently (or at least very recently been) showing on Freeview on UK tv - I think it was on E4.

Watching it now, the fights look terribly stagey and dated, but they did the whole 'super strength' thing much more convincingly than six million dollar man ever did IMO, and I liked their various superpowers - basically mental and physical.

I've enjoyed watching them again, and would recommend them as long as you recognise that they are a child of their decade.

Cheers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads