• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The characters from the 80's cartoon are just art for Dragons of Stormwreck Isle (?)

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
I just received the new starter set in the mail today, and while I admittedly have not even remotely read through every paragraph of the two books inside, I did flip through all of the pages and quickly skim across. I did not see any stat blocks or references to any of the characters, so it seems to me like they were just using them in the artwork to lean on some nostalgia. I did notice a few new stat blocks for monsters, although nothing mind blowing or revolutionary. I'm a tad disappointed that the characters weren't worked into the adventure, but I would have purchased this set regardless of whether they hinted at them so I can't say that it makes me regret this purchase at all.

Or maybe I completely missed some reference somewhere, in which case I hope someone corrects me on it! :)

darjr

I crit!
Have we seen all of it? I’m dying to compare them to their depiction in the movie.

Is Dungeon Master there?

aco175

Legend
I'd be interested in knowing where it takes place. I'll likely cram it near Phandalin/ Neverwinter but would like to know where they place it. Thanks

Remove ads