The Charming Warden

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male

Jonah looks up from staring at the huge green stone. "I ain't ever seen someting so pretty as all that." he says alittle in awe by it. He is sure it is valueable but if he knew it's true worth he would say to you, you were a liar.

At the mention of horses he says, "Surries me an Blue 'ikes ta walk."

[sblock=Question?] You don't want us to use the EnWorld dice roller? [/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]
0lvl- Know Direction, Detect Poison, Virtue
1lvl- Goodberry, Calm Animals [/sblock]

Robichaud

Explorer
Knowledge (Arcana) DC10 (1d20+4=24)

Jamilee nods. "I will do this."

After doing some quick mental math, a few deliberate hacks and setting the last of her wine to work as a throat-lubricant, she risks speaking at length. "If the dw-.. Mr. Mountainbore does not mind taking my horse, I think we can keep up the pace, make it in three days. I like speed. Avoids trouble. Let's get our supplies as a hrgroup, then go."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore, dwarven cleric of

"Please, Jamilee, call me Tibard. Were we in temple I'd be Father Mountainbore, but as adventurers we are all peers, equals under Hyrag's light. And I'd be happy to ride your horse. Hyrag will provide if we but look at what he illuminates, everyone."

Tibard turns to leave.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male

"Whose dae one gonna be carrin' that green rock?" Jonah asks his sack still at his feet. "I's gotta little rooms tae 'elp."

[sblock=OOC] But Jonah is 3lbs from max at a light load, so if it weighs more than 3lbs it would slow us down. [/sblock]

Christopher Greeneyes, Katara Sorcerer 1

I will need to ride on an animal or in a cart, otherwise, it looks like I will slow down the group more than you would like.

Conviently, the emerald is in a locked box. I suggest someone carry the emerald, and someone else the key. Perhaps people that can physically protect it.

[sblock=OOC]I guess Christopher is ready to go. He will need a mount of somesort. Would a mule and a cart work? He would likely be more comfortable with that than riding an animal.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: I haven't tried the ENWorld dice roller. For now, I think I'd like to stick to what I know, and that's IC. Maybe I'll switch to the ENWorld dice roller later.)

[sblock=Knowledge (Arcana) DC:20]You remember three more spells that require expensive gems: Trap the Soul, Animate Dead, and Wall of Force.

(OOC: Your character basically knows anything you can turn up on d20srd.org, like what you might be able to find by searching "material component gem", for instance. ;) )[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis nods briskly. "I say we take Jonah up on his offer to hold on to the gem. The dog might deter most normal thieves."

He looks around, then shrugs. "As for the rest, sounds like most of us have equipment to collect, so shall we take care of that and meet back by the door of the Red Dragon as soon as possible?" He gestures to Jon Kilran. "Provided that's acceptable to you, of course."

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee

"Mh," says Jamilee, mostly to Reis. "I'll take the key, hrn, pair up with you. Probably will need the same supplies. hrnsafer not to be alone."

ChristopherGreeneyes said:
I will need to ride on an animal or in a cart, otherwise, it looks like I will slow down the group more than you would like.
"Wise. Maybe a mule," she croaks.

[sblock=OOC]Mule and cart, not so much, but riding a mule might be a decent way to get ahead. If not exactly glorious. Only 8gp, too. Of course, Christopher might not want to cough up the money, in which case no harm done.

Jamilee's shopping list - four days' worth of trail rations, and three days' worth of horse feed, just in case there's no opportunity for grazing somewhere along the way. -2gp, 1sp, 5cp.[/sblock]

Christopher Greeneyes, Katara Sorcerer 1

Gesturing towards Blue, Christopher responds, I had wanted to get a fearsome animal which would valiantly carry me to adventure, but given my finances, I think I had better settle for something more affordable. Perhaps a mule would work better ... Hmm ... maybe I can hire passage...

[sblock=OOC]I wiil not have access to a computer until at least monday. Go ahead and continue the adventure. I need a little bit of DM adjudication. Under the goods and services section, it indicates that a coach cab is 3cp pieces per mile. Would it be possible then to hire a coach? Is this the price per person? A 400 mile round trip would cost about 12 gp. Maybe we could hire a coach, wagon, or cart that could carry most if not all us. If it came to a total at or below 20 gp, for all of us, would anyone else be interested in splitting the cost?

Otherwise, Christopher will go ahead and purchase a mule.

As everyone is gathering their supplies, Christopher will gather information about the route. He does not do well. Christopher attempts to gather information about the route they will be taking, especially with respect to the dangers that they might face. (1d20+5=8)[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore, dwarven cleric of Hyrag

"I'd pitch in for a carriage. It would make for an easier trip than I'm expecting, but perhaps Hyrag needs my at the destination and not on the journey. Either way, I'll meet you all at the back door to the Red Dragon all prepared to go."

Tibard spends 2gp on four more days of rations, gets his pack, and heads to tbe back door.

Remove ads