• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Charming Warden

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I will be taking Jonah out of the game. But on another note it looks like a good place to stop. Who says the PCs always have to win.

Maybe after regrouping at the tavern (and a little RL time) a new adventure could start up where the group goes off after these gem stealing fairies.

Either way good luck everyone I will keep this subscribed to see how it plays out.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Ok, HM. Thanks for the notification. Make sure to check back for XP (I'll send you a message as well).

Christopher hasn't posted IC this year, though he might still be lurking.

Robichaud hasn't posted for a month, but I see that he has visited as recently as 3 days ago. It's been a while since Jamilee could really do anything, so it's understandable if he just hasn't noticed that the combat has ended.

I will NPC Chris and Jamilee as necessary, until such time as they return or withdraw.

Errandir, pneumatik: I guess that means I'm just waiting on you two. I know Tibard is giving chase. What's Reis doing? Following suit? Something else?

Errandir

First Post
Caught between Tibard rushing off and Jonah refusing to go any further, Reis throws his hands up in frustration. "Leaving? Now?" he says, giving Jonah a hard look. "We were payed to complete this job - not to abandon it at the first difficulty..."

But he seems to take some motivation from his own words. He shades his eyes with one hand to look down the path Tibard has taken, then turns to Jamilee and Christopher. "Well, I suppose we'd better follow him. Best not to get separated."

Reis shoulders his pack and waits for the others to do the same.

[sblock=ooc]I'm sorry for the long delay. I'd like to keep going with this. The next four weeks (until the end of the semester) are going to be really busy for me, but I'll try to stay on top of things.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Excellent, don't worry about the delay, I'm glad to hear from you! I will post IC in a few hours. Scott Pendrake is interested in joining, so I may work him in if you're all okay with that, but I don't want to slow things down any more than they have been recently, so we'll figure that out in the background.

IC post forthcoming.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Jamilee nods silently at Jonah, acknowledging his departure, and then takes off towards Tibard. Christopher does the same, but he just can't keep up with Reis or Jamilee, who have quickly caught up with and now overtaken Tibard.

The fairies flew off back the direction that you were coming from, so you take off at a hustle. It isn't long before you reach the path to the ancient watchtower

[sblock=Tibard]Beneath the rhythm of your heavy footsteps, you hear another thudding sound, irregular and dull, but unmistakably unnatural. You think it is coming from the watch tower, just a couple hundred feet off the main path.[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard holds up a hand, signalling everyone to stop. "Hang on, everyone. Quiet. Did you hear that? That thumping noise? It's commin' from over there, off the path. C'mon, let's go check it out." He readies his mace and motions for the others to follow him off the path.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tibard leads the party off the main road and onto the path leading to the old watchtower, overgrown with brush and long out of use. As you approach the tower, you all hear what Tibard did before: A dull, irregular thumping. As you get closer, the noise becomes clearer, and you can tell that something wooden is being beaten against.

As soon as the tower is in sight, looming tall and thin above your heads, it becomes clear at least where the noise is coming from: The door to the watchtower vibrates slightly with each *thunk*.

The fairies are nowhere in to be seen. You lost sight of them fairly early in the chase, as they weaved into the canopy of trees and over the horizon.

Toose

First Post
I think the Woods are about two days from here on horseback, or four days at an easy walking pace. I've marked it on this map." He produces a map. "There's no terrible rush..Internet radio

Last edited:

Errandir

First Post
Reis eyes the noisy watchtower dubiously. "I doubt there's anything of use to us here... and I don't exactly like the look of that. Maybe we should head back." Despite his own advice, he pauses, peering at the tower door, and loosens one of his daggers in its sheath.

[sblock=ooc]I'd be glad to have another player. No worries about delaying the game - like I said, I probably won't be the fastest to respond for the next few weeks. Tell us the details when you figure them out.

Oh, and what's with the post above mine? Wrong thread, maybe?[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"What the light?"

[sblock=ooc]Tibard looks at the door. Does it open out? If it does, is something keeping it from opening that Tibard could undo?[/sblock]

Remove ads