• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Charming Warden

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc]
Oh, and what's with the post above mine? Wrong thread, maybe?[/sblock]

saw this earlier when i was lurking about. sent the individual a pm explaining that this was a living world. the poster also posted in Living Pathfinder aas well and that is when i pmed the person. Does not seem to ber a spam bot.

the insane jeenyes lurker above

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The door opens in, presumably so as not to expose the hinges to a would-be attacker. The wood looks solid and heavy, but the reinforcing iron studs are covered with years of rust.

As far as you can tell, there are no other means of entry, though arrow slits line the walls all the way up the tower.

As you examine the surroundings, the door shivers ever so slightly as another loud *thud* drums from the inside.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
*bump* Again the beating comes from the door. The rusty, weathered iron contrasts against the solid, timeless wood. Even the lock on the door looks like it's ready to fall apart.

Errandir

First Post
Reis hesitates for a few moments. Then as the next beat comes, he shrugs and walks cautiously up to the tower, drawing his rapier as he goes. With his free hand, he gives the door a shove to see if it opens.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The door shudders at Reis's impact. From the motion, Reid can feel that the door is being held in place by some sort of massive wooden crossbar on the other side. The door does not open.

A few beats later comes another *bump*, just as before, the regular irregularity of the non-rhythm continuing undisturbed.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore

"Maybe there's some other way in?" Tibard says. "Let's go take a good look." Tibard leads the party around the tower. He looks specifically for any other way into the tower.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: Happy Easter! Sorry for the delay, hectic workweek, holidays, you know how it is.)

The gang circles the tower, surveying the area, hoping to find some other mode of entry. Unfortunately, it looks as though the watch tower was built to have only one access point.

It looks like it's the door with the rusty lock or nothing, unless you can find a way up into the ramparts, which are well above the treeline.

Errandir

First Post
Reis glances at Tibard. "Well, I'm no lockpick. Shall we kick in the door?"

[sblock=ooc]Yep, happy easter to you all as well. :)

I'm assuming the banging noises have been continuing?[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The banging continues incessantly as you conduct your survey and talk. It seems completely unaffected by your presence.

Kicking the door in might be tough. But the lock itself looks fragile. And nothing obvious is stopping you from simply hacking away at the door until it breaks. Or the wall, for that matter!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Rae:[sblock=dm]
just looked at Karl Rutherford and he is level 3, if there was any need. Rogue 3 to be precise[/sblock]

Remove ads