• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Charming Warden

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore

"Well, I guess this'll be one way to get in." Tibard says. Standing off to the side of the door he bashes on the lock repeatedly until it breaks.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tibard takes his mace in two hands and goes to work on the lock. With ages of rust, the iron has weakened significantly. In just a few quick bashes, the lock crumbles to pieces, falling both inside and out. The mechanism on the opposite side of the door collapses to the ground with a thud.

The thudding continues. Peeping into the opening in the door where the lock once was, it is now clear that the thudding is coming from a small, animated skeleton, unceasingly throwing its body against the door, backing up slowly, and repeating the motion. Over and over, the little assembly of bones, dressed in tatters, thrashes violently at the door of its prison.

(OOC: Knowledge Nature and Arcana checks, please.)

Errandir

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Reis doesn't have either knowledge skill - unless you want untrained checks, but I'd assume not.

Huh. I could have sworn I took knowledge(nature). :hmm:[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Chris and Jamilee peep in at the skeleton, then look at each other, then shrug. Neither can remember much about skeletons, other than the common knowledge that skeletons generally don't move on their own without a bit of nefarious magic.

(OOC: You guys should feel free to ask Chris or Jamilee do things, like casting spells or scouting ahead or whatever. I'm going to intentionally play them as passive unless you give me some directions, so as not to direct the PCs from within the group.)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Over the still constant thumping, you hear a new sound in the distance. The faint braying of a mule grows louder as the source comes nearer. And before you know it, the sound becomes accompanied by the sight of a man half following, half being dragged, by a boisterous mule. The disheveled duo comes to a halt in front of the keep, where the mule suddenly shuts up and begins calmly grazing.

(OOC: Fresh blood! Welcome, Scott.)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"You dagnabbed , ornrey, pigheaded, over fed, pampered, .. .. ..errgggghhhhh!!"

he stomps his foot down in frustration then starts scratching the mule between the ears.

"I am exhaused. thirsty .in trouble with joe for the broken takard. Did I mention thirsty? I was just trying to share my ale with you back at the dragon, but no. you had to get some of thios clover. not any clover. THIS clover! *sigh .. .. .. .. What is that thumping, .. .. .. .. oh, hey a tower. with people "

The human waves at those by the open door, "good day to you! Is this your tower?"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore

"It's kind of a long story, and just a tad complicated," says a burly dwarf wearing the holy symbol of Hyrag. "We're trying to deliver a locked chest and its key. Some shady faeries ambushed us and stole the chest. We're looking for it in this tower, which we found because there's a skeleton inside who keeps ... *thump* running to the door like that. I do hate the undead so you're welcome to help us destroy it when we open that door."

Scott DeWar

"Destroy undead- I am with you. By the way, fey and pranks. isn't that the normal for them?" He asks this while pulling out a club from the pack saddle of the now docile munching mule

Scott DeWar

He thinks for a moment and then removes a few items (oil, daggers, a lantern, sunrod) off the mule and shoulders his backpack he takes the club and hangs off his belt and offers his hand in greeting. "Karl Rutherford of Orussus, back that way," He thumbs from the way he came from, "and I see you are a worshiper of Hyrag?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads