• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Charming Warden

Errandir

First Post
Reis cries out as the burst of light reaches him. Momentarily blinded, he gropes for his daggers.

[sblock=Actions]Reis draws two daggers.

I didn't realize Christopher was completely blinded, but might as well leave the readied action as it is. He just won't use it if he can't see anything.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: Hooray! Errandir is here. 'Twas a later night for me than I had previously hoped, so the update will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry, folks.)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Reis draws two daggers.

The fiddler scoffs at Jamilee's gravel-like voice.

Jamilee draws a bow and arrow.

ROUND 1

Code:
[b]Initiative:[/b]
[i]Fiddler     [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying west, ~120' north (grid coord.: F-17), 200' up, shaken)
[i]Third       [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying up, 80' up)
[i]Dancer      [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying up-east, 35' up)
[i]Christopher [/i][color=green][4/4   HP][/color] (cloudblind, weak)
[i]Tibard      [/i][color=green][11/11 HP][/color] (40' up)
[i]Reis        [/i][color=green][11/16 HP][/color] (blind, 40' up)
[i]Jamilee     [/i][color=green][9/15  HP][/color] (cloudblind)
[i]Karl        [/i][color=green][15/15 HP][/color] (dancing, blind, 40' up)

Code:
[b]Conditions and Effects[/b]
Dancing: Karl (ends when the music dies)
Blind: Karl, Reis (ends on Dancer's count in round 3)
Weak (-4 Dex & Str): Christopher (ends 5 rounds after leaving the cloud)
Cloudblind: Chris, Jamilee (ends upon leaving the cloud)
Cloud: Dissipates on Third's count in round 5
Shaken: Fiddler (-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)

Code:
Legend:
* Ja - Jamilee
* K - Karl
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* C - Christopher
* D - Dancer
* F - Fiddler
* Th - Third 
* Road/Grass - (normal movement)
* Shadowy Grass - dense brush (half movement)
* Yellow translucence - flash effect
* Gray translucence - smoke effect

[sblock=OOC]Too tired to start Round 2, I'm really sorry.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
ROUND 2 BEGINS

The Fiddler continues playing as continues on his flight path. Karl continues dancing uncontrollably. (Half move 20' Up and East, keep playing.)

The Dancer, far away, flies closer. (Double move 80' South, grid coord. F-1 (just off the map))

The mysterious Third flies up over the roof of the tower. She waves her hands, and the moss and weeds crawling up the tower parapets begin to really crawl. In a way familiar to some of you, the suddenly living plants curl up and snatch at ankles and arms. (Half move 20' North, cast entangle: DC 13 Reflex Save from Reis, Tibard, and Karl.)

Christopher, Reis, Tibard, Karl, and Jamilee...

ROUND 2

Code:
[b]Initiative:[/b]
[i]Fiddler     [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying up-east, 45' up, shaken)
[i]Dancer      [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying west, ~120' north (grid coord.: F-1), 200' up)
[i]Third       [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying up, 80' up)
[i]Christopher [/i][color=green][4/4   HP][/color] (cloudblind, weak)
[i]Tibard      [/i][color=green][11/11 HP][/color] (40' up) **YOUR TURN** <- Reflex Save, please
[i]Reis        [/i][color=green][11/16 HP][/color] (blind, 40' up) <- Reflex Save, please
[i]Jamilee     [/i][color=green][9/15  HP][/color] (cloudblind)
[i]Karl        [/i][color=green][15/15 HP][/color] (dancing, blind, 40' up) <- Reflex Save, please (remember the -10 from dancing)

Code:
[b]Conditions and Effects[/b]
[url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/irresistibleDance.htm]Dancing[/url]: Karl (-4 AC, -10 Reflex Save, no shield AC, ends the day the music dies)
Blind: Karl, Reis (ends on Dancer's count in round 3)
Weak (-4 Dex & Str): Christopher (ends 5 rounds after leaving the cloud)
Cloudblind: Chris, Jamilee (ends upon leaving the cloud)
Cloud: Dissipates on Third's count in round 5
Shaken: Fiddler (-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)
[url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm]Entangled[/url]: [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled]entangled[/url], DC 20 Str or Escape Artist breaks

Code:
Legend:
* Ja - Jamilee
* K - Karl
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* C - Christopher
* D - Dancer
* F - Fiddler
* Th - Third 
* Road/Grass - (normal movement)
* Shadowy Grass - dense brush (half movement)
* Green translucence (atop the tower) - entangle effect (half movement)
* Gray translucence - smoke effect

Attachments

• watchtower.jpg
    watchtower.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 234

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: don't know if you will allow this or not, but here goes!

Jamilee: follows the sound of the fiddler, still quite miffed at the forceful dancing of last time!

Move east until out of the cloud- if this lets her see the fiddler she will shoot at the fiddler with bow and arrow.

Karl: He growls at his precarious predicament and says, "at least you could pay us for the entertainment of our dance!"
reflex save is at base number- not sure yet as to dancing mod9ifier to save.

Last edited:

Errandir

First Post
Reis struggles futilely as the vines wind around his legs again.
Reflex save: 1d20+6=11

Christopher gropes in the darkness for the tower door, trying to escape the stifling cloud at its base.

[sblock=ooc]I can't tell from the map where the door to the tower is, but I think it's right behind Christopher. If he can enter he will do so, and head up the stairs if possible.[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibards steps away from the magical plants and readies his morning star again. "The longer you wait to come over here the more Hyrag's going to make it hurt."
[sblock=actions, ooc]Tibard's ref save didn't include his +2 bonus against spells and spell-likes. Assuming the Third cast entangle or used it as a spell-like, he gets 13 exactly.
His action is to ready to attack something.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads