• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chronicles of Narcissist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The issue...errr...one issue with Carson is that his followers don't give a damn what mistakes he makes.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Nah. But I think he finally figured out the election campaign wasn't working after he didn't get a boost in the polls after he, Huckabee & Cruz went to that "death sentence for gays" conference.

http://politicalpunditnews.com/blog...-by-gops-ted-cruz-mike-huckabee-bobby-jindal/

Well, in there defense, Christian texts do mention a lot of killings and say that all sort of people should be killed in the name of their divinity. They also feature their divinity doing a lot of killing, cause it rolls that way. We shouldn't be surprised that at a Christian rally people call for the killing of people. What is surprising is that it doesn't happen more often.

Ryujin

Legend
Well, in there defense, Christian texts do mention a lot of killings and say that all sort of people should be killed in the name of their divinity. They also feature their divinity doing a lot of killing, cause it rolls that way. We shouldn't be surprised that at a Christian rally people call for the killing of people. What is surprising is that it doesn't happen more often.

Well there exists a certain sort of Christian who is all Old Testament when it comes to the things that they don't agree with but when it comes to the things that they might do (adultery, sex outside of wedlock, eating shellfish, improper treatment of their slaves) it's all the sweetness and light of the New Testament.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Well there exists a certain sort of Christian who is all Old Testament when it comes to the things that they don't agree with but when it comes to the things that they might do (adultery, sex outside of wedlock, eating shellfish, improper treatment of their slaves) it's all the sweetness and light of the New Testament.

And even then they select what they want from the new testament. Romans 1:18-32 is all about death worthy behaviors like sleeping with men, whispering and disobeying you parents.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
The whole book is outmoded concepts from a time long since past. While I think there are parts yet in the Bible that should be held onto, there is a great deal that need to be looked at with a more modern eye. A reason I have furthered myself from my Church is that tendency to place the book on an unassailable pedestal.

Christianity is hardly the only organized religion which has followers and sects cherry-picking beliefs and interpretations from holy texts. It seems to be more human nature than anything.

Nah. But I think he finally figured out the election campaign wasn't working after he didn't get a boost in the polls after he, Huckabee & Cruz went to that "death sentence for gays" conference.

http://politicalpunditnews.com/blog...-by-gops-ted-cruz-mike-huckabee-bobby-jindal/

They needed more guns at that hate rally to really get GOP voter attention. If they'd had a PowerPoint presentation going over the best guns to kill gays with, Jindal, Cruz, and Huckabee would be trending at 200% each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads