The Church Inquisitor PRC

AE020704

First Post
Remathilis said:
My problem is on "how much" corruption a LG church could have...

In some D&D worlds, I can't see there being that much corruption. Detect Evil...

Corruption != Evil. Not necessarily, anyway. If someone is acting in what they believe to be a manner that works on behalf of the greater good, and never commits an outright 'evil' act, then Detect Evil is not going to touch them. I could go on about this for some time, but I hope you get the gist.

Also, someone has got to do the evil detection, and that's what the Church Inquisitors are for. I mean, just look at those class features.

However, unless you're playing an RP heavy or political compaign, or the like, Inquisitor is an NPC class.

MacMathan

Explorer
Thanks for all of the input.

I am thinking a good tweak would be for the church to also use the inquisitors to ferret out external corruption also in the government and populace at large. This would allow for more reasons for adventuring.

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" Especially when the first man in is a half-ogre :)

molonel

First Post
I like the Church Inquisitor, and I would houserule it to be open and available to LG, LN and LE alignments. They would uncover not just corruption, but impurity of doctrine or infirmity of purpose.

Inquisitors should be scary people who cut through the BS with a glance.

I like the prestige class, personally, and roleplayed exactly that in one of my longterm games before the prestige class really became available.

Remove ads