• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Circle of the Drake, Dragons are natural, too

Herosmith14

First Post
Again, dumb names aside, I realize this feels like the Circle of the moon a lot, and that you have to wait a bit to get your hands on draconic wild shapes, but I think this still turned out well, but Ill let you be the judge of that. Let me know what you think.

Druid: Circle of the Drake
The Circle of the Drake could be considered a splinter group of the Circle of the Moon. They are the guardians of a more powerful beast than others; the Dragons. They study the giant, winged lizards and transform into them to protect the natural world. The elemental reptiles burn in the hearts of these Druids.

[h=1]Draconic Resilience[/h]When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you gain the hardiness of a dragon. Increase your hit point maximum by 2, and you gain 1 additional hit point whenever you level up.
Additionally, when you are not wearing armor and are not in a wild shape, your Armor Class equals 13 + your Dexterity Modifier.

[h=1]Drake Tongue[/h]Also starting at 2nd level, you learn Draconic if you do not already know the language.

[h=1]Dragon Form[/h]Starting at 6th level, when you use your Wild Shape feature, you may turn into a creature of the dragon type with a CR equal to half your druid level.
Once you use this feature, you cannot use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

[h=1]Terrifying Roar[/h]Starting at 10th level, you have gained the ability to exude the terrifying presence of a dragon. As an action on your turn, you may loose a roar to make even the mightiest of warriors tremble. All creatures that can hear you within 30ft must make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC or become frightened by you. You also have advantage on saves against being frightened.
Once you have used the roar aspect of this feature, you cannot do so again until you have finished a short or long rest.

[h=1]Ancient Resilience[/h]By 14th level, you have unlocked the secrets of ancient dragons. Choose one damage type from the following; fire, lightning, poison, acid, or cold. You gain immunity to that kind of damage.
Additionally, your Dragon Form no longer needs to recharge, though you still are unable to use it if you are out of Wild Shapes.

Satyrn

First Post
I'd be real weary of that dragon form's available CR. Not only is it higher than the moon druid's (which is 1/3 druid level), dragon creatures tend to be stronger than beasts of the same CR.

The CR 2 silver dragon wyrmling is already better than the CR 2 giant constrictor my moon druid uses, but the drake druid would actually be using a CR 3 gold or blue for even added oomph.

And I don't think limiting it to once per short rest balances much anyway. My moon druid is regularly using one of use 2 uses for scouting animals, beasts of burdens or similar choices available through the standard wildshape.

Oh, but this raises a question: Did you intend to let them transform into a dragon with flight before 8th level?

Herosmith14

First Post
I'd be real weary of that dragon form's available CR. Not only is it higher than the moon druid's (which is 1/3 druid level), dragon creatures tend to be stronger than beasts of the same CR.

The CR 2 silver dragon wyrmling is already better than the CR 2 giant constrictor my moon druid uses, but the drake druid would actually be using a CR 3 gold or blue for even added oomph.

And I don't think limiting it to once per short rest balances much anyway. My moon druid is regularly using one of use 2 uses for scouting animals, beasts of burdens or similar choices available through the standard wildshape.

Oh, but this raises a question: Did you intend to let them transform into a dragon with flight before 8th level?

Oh, heh, whoops. Forgot to put in the "all other restrictions of Wild Shape are still in effect" line. I meant that to balance out a lot of that.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

neogod22

Explorer
Lol at least he is trying to,keep things balanced. I just read a,post where this dude tried to create the most OP warlock pact. It's completely ridiculous, and the sad thing is, he doesn't understand why it's OP.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Remove ads