The City Beautiful

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Looking at Ozan, Ralan says: "Hmmm, that wizard can't be too far, maybe he's invisible...Wouldn't he need to be close to control the illusion?"

Ralan will stay in the doorway, keeping is blades drawn, and carefull inspect the room where the illusion was, to see if he can see footsteps or anything that could indicate the presence of someone that is invisible.

[OCC, sorry I didn't read the material that didn't concern Ralan. Besides, he wouldn't have seen that the ooze was an illusion since he wasn't in the same room]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Tote walks through the image and a voice from behind the desk, says – Who are you? Are you fleeing from the fire as well? A human stands up, some of you recognize the man who first entered the alcove. He is unarmored except for a pair of greaves, and is holding a short sword in one hand. He looks a little pale and sweaty. Suddenly he collapses.

As you begin to look around the room, there appears to be a fair amount of mundane supplies around the room, including boots, short lengths of rope, pry bars, gloves

Tote + anyone looking behind the desk –at the man’s feat is an open box, and an empty vial.
Thaimon – the door doesn’t look as solid as it did a minute ago, but there don’t seem to be anymore other exits.

Someone

Adventurer
"You did choose a strange way to exit, sir" says Ozan, "being the ladder leading to the street just near the hole we used to climb down from the alcove. Could you tell us if you saw something strange while you were here?"

[ooc: Sense motive +6]

lotuseater

Explorer
Thaimon cautiously drops to one knee to see if the man is allright. He let's his crossbow dangle from the cord at his side, but one hands grabs a dagger at his belt, and gets ready to strike should the man make any sudden attacks. He looks carefully to see if he can learn anything from the way he is dressed or the possessions he has on his person.

His lizard flitters from from shoulder to shoulder, seemingly out of sorts with all the activity they have just been through.

Rkhet

First Post
Miraln keeps up what he's doing, but at the same time pays some attention in the direction of the conversation, in case the man says something interesting - or suspicious.

[sense motive +2]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The man is unconscious, apparently dying. In addition to the shortsword and bracers he is wearing nondescript clothes which are as muddy and unkempt as your own. One pant leg is wet with blood and a close look shows a badly inflamed snake bite.
In his delirium he mutters “they betrayed me.

If you search his pockets: [sblock] a flask with dark liquid, a scroll case, a pack of thieves tools , assorted magical components and a crumpled note in an unfamiliar language, there are also 3 pearls, 12 gp and 11 sp [/sblock]

OOC: 23 Ozan – he was nervous, perhaps concealing something. Miraln 10

Someone

Adventurer
[ooc: can you believe it? I read post #102 about 4 times before posting, and until now I haven´t noticed the important "suddendly he collapses" bit until now, and in the meantime mislead everyone. Good for me.]

"Oh, gods" says Ozan, worried. "That snake bite him. Who of you can heal? Maybe we can save him."

Rkhet

First Post
Miraln walks over and places his hand on the wound. He mumbles something beneath his breath, and the man gasps in pain. When the hand was removed, though, the wound looked a little better.

[cast cure light wounds]

Miraln shrugs: "I don't have anything to cure poison, so there's only so much I can do. He'll live. Probably."

Remove ads