The Classic Movie Monster Project

Clifford

First Post
clasical monster stats

Even though they are over done as heck. if we are compiling a bok why not add jason, the alien and all of those jokers? I would still say they are classic though not as old. Also maybe we could do a D20 modern stat block for each as well so the monsters would be more useful as a whole to d20 public.

Cliff

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
It may be a while before I can bring you Gort. I am in the process of moving, and my DVD player is packed up. I haven't forgotten about this thread, though ... :)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
My first entry. From The Reptile (1966), here is, well, the reptile. The picture's of the transformed Anna in the movie.

Anna Franklyn, 2nd-level Aristocrat
Medium Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger)

Hit Dice: 2d8 plus 2d8 (18 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: None
Full Attack: None
Face/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/silver, low-light vision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 13
Skills: Bluff +6, Diplomacy +5, Gather Information +4, Knowledge (oriental cultures) +6, Listen +5, Perform (sitar) +9, Sense Motive +3, Speak Language 1, Spot +7
Feats: Skill Focus (Perform)
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Advancement: By character class

The young woman before you wears the loose garb of the East, and looks to be in her twenties. She has long, dark hair and a slim body, and her face has a perpetual look of worry. Silently, she sits and takes up an Indian sitar, and plays a song of subtle defiance...

Anna Franklyn is the young daughter of a man known only as Dr. Franklyn, who owns a sizable estate on the moors of Cornwall. Dr. Franklyn is a theologian, and has made trips all over the world. Although Franklyn's interests led him all over the globe, his main area of expertise was the lands of the Orient. Anna accompanied him on his Oriental trip, and as a result the girl is quite familiar with the cultures and customs of the area.

She often dresses in Indian-style robes when in the manor house, which is kept unusually warm. She also has a sizable collection of pets. When outside of the house's confines, she dresses in the normal clothes of an English lady, and many times will attach herself to an outsider. She will oft-times display an extreme reluctance to go back to her home.

The town nearest the manor is bedeviled by a series of mysterious deaths. Folk who die from the Black Death, as locals call it, present a horrible sight. Their faces are bloated and blackened, and they foam at the mouth as if rabid.

Snakewoman Form
Medium Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger)

Hit Dice: 2d8 plus 2d8 (18 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 19 (+4 Dex, +5 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Claw +2 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: 2 claws +2 melee (1d4), bite +6 melee (1d6+poison)
Face/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/silver, low-light vision 60 ft., scent, vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +6
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 13
Skills: Intimidate +4, Move Silently +7
Feats: Track, Weapon Finesse
Climate/Terrain: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Neutral evil
Advancement: By character class

A dreadful transformation has overcome Anna. Where only moments before there stood an attractive young woman, there now stands a ghoulish creature with wide, staring eyes. Hissing, the monster advances towards you, reaching out with its questing hands...

Unbeknownst to visitors to Franklyn Manor, misfortune befell the family years ago. When on the trip to the East, Dr. Franklyn made an investigation into the doings of a secretive cult of snake-worshippers in Malaysia called the orang santu. It was shortly afterwards that young Anna vanished. A few days later, she reappeared. As vengeance against Dr. Franklyn, the cultists had placed a curse upon Anna - whenever she hungered, or when a thin dirge is played on an Oriental flute, she transforms into a horrid, scaly humanoid.

The home's vaguely sinister Malay servant is actually one of the snake-cultists, and was sent to be Anna's "handler". He is also the only one who can remove the curse from Anna, and he reminds Dr. Franklyn of this fact often.

Those who see victims of the snake-Anna soon realize that she is the cause of the mysterious Black Death. As befits a serpent, Anna is extremely averse to cold, and much moreso in this hybridized form than as a human.

In snakewoman form, Anna gains Track as a bonus feat.

Poison (Ex): In snakewoman form, Anna's bite injects a quick-acting poison akin to that of a cobra. The poison is DC 14 and deals 1d6 points of Dexterity damage. The interval to secondary damage (which is another 1d6 points of Dexterity) is only 45 seconds. The damage continues every 45 seconds until the victim succeeds his saving throw or slips into paralysis.

Attachments

• reptile.jpg
    reptile.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Why does the Reptile have the Fire subtype? Wouldn't it be easier and more accurate to give her the vulnerability to cold special quality?

Other than that, she looks really cool. Let me guess, it's a modified version of were-medium viper?

Demiurge out.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Why does the Reptile have the Fire subtype? Wouldn't it be easier and more accurate to give her the vulnerability to cold special quality?

Other than that, she looks really cool. Let me guess, it's a modified version of were-medium viper?
Point taken. And yes, that would be what she was based on (with some changes, of course).

She's been edited to reflect your point.

Last edited:

Remove ads