The Classic Story Hours

Shieldhaven

Explorer
Shemeska-

I freely admit that I have tried a few times to get into your Storyhour I (haven't yet tried on II), but have been daunted and distracted each time. Someday soon I will get past the second post, because I know that there's good stuff there. The Planescape tag is a major draw for me; I never picked up any of the setting beyond some of the Monstrous Compendium Annuals, so I want more of a sense of what it was like. For this reason, I'm reading and enjoying ThirdWizard's Causality and Condemnation, where I have the advantage of getting in on the ground floor, as it were.

Haven

Shemeska

Adventurer
Shieldhaven said:
Shemeska-

I freely admit that I have tried a few times to get into your Storyhour I (haven't yet tried on II), but have been daunted and distracted each time. Someday soon I will get past the second post, because I know that there's good stuff there. The Planescape tag is a major draw for me; I never picked up any of the setting beyond some of the Monstrous Compendium Annuals, so I want more of a sense of what it was like. For this reason, I'm reading and enjoying ThirdWizard's Causality and Condemnation, where I have the advantage of getting in on the ground floor, as it were.

Haven

*nodnod* I suppose that might be a barrier to getting into my 1st storyhour, that since it's been going on for a while, and the posts are relatively long, that there's a significant amount of material to read before being caught up with anyone who might have been following it since the start.

But I'm glad that I've at least tempted you with it. :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I've only had time to read through two that I enjoyed very much.

The first is by my friend Brakkart, who worked together with me designing a MUD back in the day. I followed one of his links here, and we still chat on his storyhour thread. I enjoyed reading his Forgotten Realms campaign, although it's definitely higher-powered than what I prefer in my own:
Brakkart's D&D - Rise Of The Snakemen

This one I ran into by word of mouth, and it was definitely worth my time reading. This guy's players were witty and imaginative, and his horror campaign well done:
jonrog1's DarkMatter D20: Drunk Southern Girls with Guns

Remove ads