The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)

Dunamin

First Post
“Sundrop Cliffs, northwest of Daunton Harbor.” Woe sighs.

“Give it up and get moving, before I show your Pig-Boy here how to handle that lumber-tool he's trying to fondle.”

[sblock=Loving the tension!]Aww yeah, this reminds me of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, when the latter tries to get the former to tell where the booty is buried. Good times...

Feel free to substitute Woe's location for something more appropriate, if needed (as long as its close to the true one).[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Palindrome steps in front of Woe. "Step back. I'm the one who discovered the information. I'm the one who made the deal for the money. Therefore, I'm the one that gets the money."

He turns to Arnest. "Our fearless leader just lied to you, so that he can grab the gold before I do. The cult is located at Whiteside Barrows, a set of ancient tomb mounds atop one of the low cliffs to the north of Daunton Harbor. I found the information in a hidden text at the base of the Screamer."

Palindrome holds out his hand. Once he receives the gold, it goes in his bag of holding.

Dunamin

First Post
Standing his ground, Woe laughs as Palindrome tries to muscle in and get the gold.

“Right, you're going to trust the - by your own account - insane wizard with directions?”

“You know, the one who snapped your finger bone, kicked you repeatedly in the head, obliterated the foot of your beloved Tsasha (after also kicking her in the head), and have been trying to kill you ever since your granny breathed your name with even more vigor than he tries to kill the rest of us?”

“I recommend you hand the dough over to Tan-Man there, our man of moral integrity who actually stands up for you. Let him sort it out, then we'll be on our way.”

KenHood

First Post
“You know, the one who snapped your finger bone, kicked you repeatedly in the head, obliterated the foot of your beloved Tsasha (after also kicking her in the head), and have been trying to kill you ever since your granny breathed your name with even more vigor than he tries to kill the rest of us?”
"Yeah. So? He knows where he stands with me. I only did what you lacked the ***** to do. And like the Hand says, it improves my mental well-being."

nerdytenor

First Post
Tander looks from Woe back to Palindrome and then back to Woe again. He can't be sure who is telling the truth (OOC: Perception 8), but he has his suspicions.

"No more games, boys. We need the truth, and we need it now. Would whichever one of you is fibbing please retract your statement and we'll just pretend this little disagreement never happened, ok? It's time to get a move on"

KenHood

First Post
Palindrome shakes his head.

He retrieves the final copy of The Screamer and casts prestidigitation upon it, using the appropriate code. He shows the result to the party.

"There. Now can I have the money?"

covaithe

Explorer
Arnest watches suspiciously as Palindrome reveals the secret inscription on the Screamer, but after a moment he nods and tosses Palindrome the pouch. "I see. Prestidigitation indeed, but not the sort of gestures to produce illusory writings. It seems that, for once, you aren't lying. Shall we be off, then?"

ooc: arcana check: 23. Aww, I was really hoping he'd roll low. :devil:

Remove ads