• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Compendium is Live

keterys

First Post
Yay. There's another thread in general RPG too.

I was surprised by actual fluff text on the races and stuff I looked at.

StormCrow42

Explorer
Mercutio01 said:
D&D Compendium

Searchable database. Not too hard on the eyes and fairly easy to navigate. Only downside is that it's not browsable.

You can make it seem semi-browsable for powers by searching for common power keywords or action types. It's not perfect, but it's at least a start.

Boarstorm

First Post
I'm somewhat disappointed that rules aren't searchable as well.

I'd love to be able to type in acrobatic stunts, for example, and be taken to the specific rules regarding such.

Pretty much anything that doesn't come up regularly would find plenty of utility, I think.

evizaer

First Post
Wow. They really didn't try very hard when they designed the interface. It looks like they threw it together in about an hour. It looks like they hired a guy who had absolutely no interest in the actual tool and just wanted his paycheck. Honestly, I've seen better design and usability out of amateurs.

I was thinking of creating a rules database myself as a private/personal project for private use, but reconsidered when I heard about the compendium. Now I'm thinking that I should go forward with my plans...

Mengu

First Post
If you do a search for a letter, like "e", and you get pretty much everything.

Under races, for stat bonuses, next to human you see +1 Any. If you follow the link, the text is correct under the actual racial description, but makes me wonder how many such mistakes it still has.

I think they should have tacked on a "beta" at the end of it.

Edit: I also did a search for Containing Strike (from Swordmaster Steel Grace description), since I wasn't able to figure out what it did. Steel Grace seems to still be the only reference to it.

Remove ads