• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Compendium is Live

Mort_Q

First Post
evizaer said:
Wow. They really didn't try very hard when they designed the interface. It looks like they threw it together in about an hour. It looks like they hired a guy who had absolutely no interest in the actual tool and just wanted his paycheck. Honestly, I've seen better design and usability out of amateurs.

I was thinking of creating a rules database myself as a private/personal project for private use, but reconsidered when I heard about the compendium. Now I'm thinking that I should go forward with my plans...

I'm reasonably certain that this is deliberate... so you'll want to own a hard copy.

Works for me.

evizaer

First Post
Mort_Q said:
I'm reasonably certain that this is deliberate... so you'll want to own a hard copy.

Works for me.

I thought this compendium was supposed to be a feature of DDI, which is a pay-for-use service? Eh, maybe I just misread some info on DDI. Regardless of that, they could have done a much better job on this and still not entirely replaced the books.

The_Fan

First Post
This is still a beta I'm sure. Heck, they haven't even announced it yet on the news page, so it may even go down in a few hours like last time.

evizaer

First Post
It seems like they must've spent the majority of their time on data input. It takes about 10 minutes to write a php script that runs a simple search and classifies the results into a few tables.

In short: It looks like it's barely past alpha.

But still, It's a useful resource.

Boarstorm

First Post
Saitou said:
Something happening immediately =/= immediate interrupt/reaction.

Otherwise, the stacking of the Star Pact boon would be pointless.

Uhh, yeah, I know. That's why I'm dismayed to see it actually LISTED as an immediate reaction.

Saitou

First Post
Maybe I was not clear. Nowhere in the compendium entry for Warlock do the words "Immediate Reaction" appear. The word "immediate" is used, yes, but this by itself does not imply an immediate reaction.
Moreover, on further inspection, the word only precedes the benefits of both Fey and Infernal pacts. Star Pact Boon remains unchanged.

Boarstorm

First Post
Saitou said:
Maybe I was not clear. Nowhere in the compendium entry for Warlock do the words "Immediate Reaction" appear. The word "immediate" is used, yes, but this by itself does not imply an immediate reaction.
Moreover, on further inspection, the word only precedes the benefits of both Fey and Infernal pacts. Star Pact Boon remains unchanged.

Or perhaps I was not clear. Forget the class list. Look up the phrase "pact boon" and switch to the powers tab.

Each of the boons is listed, as an immediate reaction. Click on any of the three and you're treated with the specific writeup.

And I quote, emphasis mine:

D&D Compendium said:
Misty Step Warlock Pact Boon 1

You instantly transform into silver mist that streams a short distance and reforms, allowing you to flee or maneuver to set up a deadly attack.
At-Will
Immediate Reaction Action Personal
Requirement: Fey Pact
Trigger: An enemy under your Warlock’s Curse is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer
Effect: You can immediately teleport 3 squares as a free action.

Remove ads