• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The contests are OVER! Thanks very much to everyone for playing!

Mirth

Explorer
I attended DragonCon/Atlanta Fantasy Fair once back in the 80s when I was in college, but I think the only gaming I did that weekend was with my buddies who went.

I go almost every year to HeroesCon in Charlotte and I've participated in a demo or two there but nothing hardcore. Mostly go to catch up with comic book creators and find import videos.

Wouldn't mind going to GenCon but it's simply too far away from me. :(

Mirth

Conaill

First Post
Do you go to gaming conventions? Why or Why not?

Only if you count going to the local Boston area get-togethers at Pkitty's place. :)

It's a combination of things really. I've got lots of other things going on in my life right now. Plus my partner is not a gamer, so that makes going to non-local conventions harder as well...

CrusaderX

First Post
I've never been to a gaming convention because there are none nearby.

I usually attend an annual comic book convention, though. The con atmosphere is always fun.

ConnorSB

First Post
I've attended KublaCon once, and.... Dragoncon, I think. They were both pretty fun, although it was hard getting into certain events.

I really liked going, mostly because at KublaCon I actually got into one of the six runs through a Dwarven Forge Mastermaze. Out of like 3000 people, me and my friend were two of the lucky 36. And at the other Con i went to, I got to be a Sith Apprentice in a Star Wars larp, until I pissed off a bounty hunter and shot a hole through my chest and put a thermal detinator inside. That was... pasty.

So, yes, I like going to cons, when I hear about and can pay for them...

Kesh

First Post
I've never been to a gaming con. Lack of money and transportation.

I would love to go sometime, though. Perhaps, if I get a job here soon, I can save up to get to one of the cons in Indiana or Ohio.

JoeBlank

Explorer
Used to go to many Cons around the southeastern U.S., but then having kids has limited that. In recent years I have only been to DragonCon, and it is local. Going to a Con during the day and coming home at night is certainly not the same experience.

I've been to DragonCon once...but only for a day. Other than that, I've been to an Atlanata ComiCon, but nothing gaming. I'll hopefully be hitting GenCon around 2005.

Remove ads