• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The contests are OVER! Thanks very much to everyone for playing!

Is the contest still running? This will be my first entry.

I like Into the Green by Bastion Press. I thought it was well-designed with interesting and useful terrain, weather, and monsters. I use it in our campaign whenever we are in the wilderness. The other book I like is Magical Medieval Society by jgbrowning, but I think that came out a year earlier so it may not quailify. If MMS is no good then I'd go with the Creature Collection Revised by Sword and Sorcery. The monsters are excellent and the company did a wonderful job on the revision. I also use that one all the time.

I'm mixing contests here, I know, but if I'm supposed to pick a number then I pick 87. I confess to only having read the first page of this thread! Please forgive.

Zoatebix

Working on it
If memory serves me correctly, there's a non-d20 category at the ENnies. If that's the case, my heart tells me that Werewolf: Apocalypse is really something special, but I don't know how it will measure up to the other end of the World of Darkness books. I just know that I think Werewolf in general is something rather special.

For a second product... I'm going to be boring and choose Arcana Unearthed. Midnight, UA, and Conan are all deserving too. Someone has to vote Conan! I'm not 'cause I don't own it :( I'm sure Iron_Chef would were he here - and not writing crazy amounts of supplemental Conan material.
-z

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Zoatebix said:
Midnight, UA, and Conan are all deserving too. Someone has to vote Conan! I'm not 'cause I don't own it :( I'm sure Iron_Chef would were he here - and not writing crazy amounts of supplemental Conan material.
-z

Midnight is too old. However, it won several last year. :)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
I try not to spend to much on gaming materials, which is why I jump on any contests, but looking over what might be eligible The Lost City of Barakus by Necromancer Games deserves some kind of prize, because it reminds me of B.A. Baracus and all the whooping up he did on the A Team.

Last edited:

redwing00

First Post
initial vote was for midnight but I have to change it due to the date it was released. My new vote goes for UA, becuase it fits with 3.x's theme of options, not restrictions. It provides new ideas for races, classes, and even a new magic system. It gives info on how to modify the existing system for a certain campaign (low magic, grim gritty rules). I love the behind the scenes on the bottom of the pages that describe why it was chosen, how it can be used, etc.

Another book that needs a nomination is Conan. Any book that gives info on "classic" settings is highly anticipated and I think this book lived up to its expectations. It may have been a little expensive, but it was worth it.

Last edited:

Nifelhein

First Post
Mirth said:
Midnight: Tome of Sorrows Netbook, simply for all of the hard work that went into it...

Hey! good one! We ope to have the secnd one running out to the folks out here sometime in the next couple of months... i promise to make my best and work its way out as soon as possible! ;)

And for my answer... from what I have read I would go with some names: Draconomicon, Unearthed Arcana and Arcana Unearthed, Dawnforge and Conan D20.

Most books I own are too old to be in here... but I will be buying more.. soon... and those will be... old! because The new one that catch my attention are the Expeditious Retreat one and the UA/AU I have listed right up there. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads