• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The cost of a dragon

Omegaxicor

First Post
I wonder if a Wizard with the Dragon Familiar feat is how Sorcerers end up with a draconic bloodline...

Seriously though I think that maybe a hybrid of both ideas, don't make the player spend Gold or Exp but make his character invest his off-time in raising it and allow him to occasionally stumble upon a quest hook while searching for food/resources for his "pet" (call it a familiar all you want but it is a pet) maybe an ambushed patrol or group of merchants are stumbled upon and their cargo/attackers must be found...

As mentioned above by [MENTION=98644]Jacob[/MENTION] it depends on whether you think the Sorcerer should find a Toad or just sit in one spot and have the Toad find him...

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Actually...this Feat is awesome. I would take this feat over any of those feats mentioned if the scenario I described was allowed. Stop thinking about the fighting for a moment, and consider the story implications that in a dragon's lifetime (possibly 1,200 or more), it owed its existence to you. That's something to geek out over in the afterlife, and something to haunt the bloodline of the caster. B-)
Excellent Roleplaying application!

Remove ads