• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The cover of the 5E PHB: What I'd like to see

am181d

Adventurer
Perhaps me am stupid, but I'd love to see a cover to the Player's Handbook that featured:

A dungeon.
A dragon.
Some player characters.

I'd be OK with "tome-style" too, but I think 3e proved they can't maintain that for an entire edition.

But to be honest, I could care less (but only a tiny, tiny amount less) what the cover looks like. I'm more invested in formats. I want a PDF for me, and an Essentials style paperback for my fellow players...

ArmoredSaint

First Post
What about a pair of armed goblins standing over, searching through, poking with their weapons, stealing the boots of a happless party of four traditional adventuring party members...with a hobgoblin admiring his shiny new sword he just picked up. :p
Do not listen to this person; that's depressing.

4th-Edition-DnD-02.jpg

This one comes closest to what I want to see on the cover of the next Players' Handbook.

Hussar

Legend
The PHB cover should be showing PC's doing awesome things. The Monster Manual is fine to show the monsters doing terrible things to the PC's. :D Maybe the DMG could show some guy in the background cackling maniacally as the PC's face some terrible danger.

But, in any case, the PHB should be about the players.

Old_Skool

Explorer
I would like to see a dragonborn sorceress, her voluptuous bosoms glistening under the firelight of her tiefling companion's flaming spiked chain, as they battle a chainsaw-wielding minotaur in front of the ruins of the Statue of Liberty...all drawn in comic book format/style.
Dear god. :eek:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
I would like to see a dragonborn sorceress, her voluptuous bosoms glistening under the firelight of her tiefling companion's flaming spiked chain, as they battle a chainsaw-wielding minotaur in front of the ruins of the Statue of Liberty...all drawn in comic book format/style.

Just kidding.

You left out the dragon-riding halflings with gatling guns mounted on their undersides (the dragons, not the halflings).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I would like a dungeon, some adventures doing adventurer things, and a dragon.

I mean, come on, it's called Dungeons and Dragons.

On the back, they could have a treasure room with an idol, that would be a nice callback.

Now for the more important question!

What kind of iconics do you want to see in the 5E PHB?

I want to see an old dwarf rogue, with a bunch of adventuring tools (like 10' poles and rope).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads