The culling starts!

You breath in the smells of civilization, sweat, dust and spices you and others like you (most likely off to seek their fortunes) have stoped by the town of fenir, a florishing frontier town on the edge of the death sands, lawless and scorching hot terrian occupied by bandits and who knows what else. You've figured that a supply stop is in order, as the long journey from your homeland has been trying. You see multiple merchant stalls, a mages' guild, a smithy, the beautiful home of fenir's ruler, and a small and almost deserted looking church, decaying most likely along with whatever spritual inclination this town once had. You in particualar notice a thin and reedy man dressed in robes of dark blue haggling with a fat merchant, over a small black gem, but cannot make out their voices, you turn looking for an inn, and find one " The shown dagger" and then almost as an afterthought look back at the spot where you saw the reedy man and the merchant, both are gone. Heres a map G: gate house
----------------G------G----------- MH: mayor's house
-------------SM-----------MH------- W: well
---------x-x-x-x---------U----GU-- TH: townhouse
------x-x-x-------W-------IN------ CH: church
------xxxxxx----------------GU---- IN: Inn
-----TH----------- ------------ SM: smithy
-TH----TH-------- BR ---------CH BR: barracks
( ) ( ): gate and road to the death sands. x: merchant stalls
U: Yourself
GU: mages guild
Well that's it so far, plz post!.

Spoof

First Post
Aren the Sorcerer

Aren will head over to The Shown Dagger for a meal. While there he will inquire from the barkeep of any known merchants who sell here and in the surrounding area.

“Excuse me, Barkeep. I am new to this area as I am sure you can tell. I need to purchase some supplies before I travel any further on. I was hoping that you could point me in the direction of the most honest merchant in town. Also who around here has the most knowledge of the local area? One can never be to careful when traveling in a new place.” Aren pauses for a second. “Oh yes a good sir, do you sell travel rations here, for when I continue back upon the long road?”

OOC: I will get my character posted tonight, had a pretty busy weekend.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Ian drops heavily his backpack on the ground and himself on a chair, drying the sweat from his forehead.
"Aren't you even a bit tired? Stop for a moment and enjoy a beer!" says to Aren pointing at another chair at his table.

Tokiwong

First Post
Lain follows Ian into the tavern and scampers up into a chair Blizzard following obediently he lays at the feet of her chair and gently rolls off to sleep...

"Oh this is soooooo exciting... a real human village... with houses... big houses... I mean look at how big this chair is..."

She sits and her feet swing not even coming close to the ground...

"Beer... mmmm that sounds good... fresh and cold..."

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Oh, here's a sensible girl! A cold beer for all my friends, sir!"
He looses his shirt showing a pendant with a deep blue gem hanging from a leather thong around his neck.

Spoof

First Post
Aren the Sorcerer

Aren, looks over at Ian.

“Yea, actually I am tired. We are not leaving here right away and some rest will do us good.”

With that Aren moves over to the table and sits down. He looks at the other patrons in the bar, watching for any that could cause trouble. As he drinks his beer he once again looks over to Ian.

“So, what is the plan now?

Clear Dragon

First Post
Jrez the gnome Enchanter takes his time scanning the town's layout one last time and enters the bar. He purchases a beer from then barkeep and walks over to the table. he places a large, battered book on the floor, and using it as a step, ascends to a chair.

He then takes a small flask from inside his vest and pours a dark herbal liquor into his beer. After taking a long draught he stretchs.

"I see this establishment is not equipped well for patrons of our size", directed towards Lain .

OOC: Likewise, I will post the fleshed out version of my character this evening. and no that wasn't his spellbook he used as a step, just a historical text about famous gnome wizards.

The barkeep replies " Well, my good sir, the merchants in this town are scum; in my humble opinion every since old keriroi went mad during a caravan expodition the tensions between the ruling class and the merchants have been building" " But I see that you right now are in need of more heartining news, yes we do sell rations, 3 gp for a days rations.

Remove ads