• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The D&D Podcast wants your questions

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I have two questions for you about 4th edition:
1) Attacks of opportunity were complex in 3e, with the massive number of triggers as well as interactions with reach and cover. Will they be simplified, modified, or made less frequent in 4e?

2) 3e had a huge number of stacking conditions that imposed penalties. Will they be consolidated into a condition track, like in Saga Edition?

Thanks!
-blarg

WotC_Dave said:
We record them in one take, usually. But Mike swears like a sailor, and I have long digressions where I speak in a little girl voice about a land of moonbeams and pixiedust. We edit that stuff out.

--Dave.

Dude, you owe me a new monitor. Mine's covered in spew! :D

Kabol

First Post
1) There has been a lot of talk about roles, I have no prob with characters filling roles in a party but can you: Explain How many roles there are number wise ( I have heard Defender, and Striker ) And a explanation of what you think those roles entail.

2) One my major dislikes of 3E, was that shields where always a little lame, you gave up a lot damage wise for a very small defensive increase. Are you looking to make shields, and armor in general do more then just add to how hard you are to hit? (example: tower shields full cover)

3) One of the BIG sacred cows of D&D is the 3-18 ability scale. but those numbers just translate into a +/- . Is there any plans to just use +/- rather then a 3-18?

4) Whats the current idea on whats the new books are gonna cost?

5) I have heard rumors that there will be a X/month times you can use the DDI game-table. is this true? if so, do you know how many times it is? ( rumor is 3/month, and thats not a lot )

6) I hear rumors that you will be a new release every hear of the PHB, DMG, MM. much like PHB2 and such, you will use this to introduce new races, classes and rules. Will each book be an expansion of the last. or will it be stand alone compilation of all the PHB's before it. Meaning, will 4E PHB2 have ALL the information of 4E PHB1 so when I can trash the PHB1 when 2 Comes out?

7) I have heard your changing how PrC's work, that they might be more like 2E "kits". Can you tell us bout the vision of how characters will be, with this new method ( if its true ).

8) Been a lot of talk about Death/Dieing rules, and that they might get a revamp. Any thoughts on the rules?

9) Will you be able to play Multiple characters at once on the DDI Game table? so perhaps a husband and wife can play together on the same computer, use the same account.

10) Paladin/Monk/Bard .. In or Out, and can you tell us more about the classes in 4E?

11) Any plans to do away with encumbrance? Every game I have every played in has just thrown these rules out. Book keeping to the pound is annoying.

12) How are bonuses gonna work in 4E. as it stands now there are hundreds of different bonus types to keep track of, much more so the higher level you get. what are the plans to revamp the bonus system?

13) theres talk of different "maneuvers" for different weapons. mostly i have heard about swords, axes, halberd, and a little snip about spear. How many different weapon .. types are there? or are you making maneuvers for EVERY single weapon out there?

14) with the change in how races will be approached. can you give us any teasers about some of the racial abilities?

15) Will you be able to use the DDI Game table for your games you play with pen&paper. rather then drawing out a map, can players use the game table while sitting at the kitchen table?

... Ok, Brain is blank now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads