2000AD The Dark Judges

Hello everyone

Seeing as I really liked the work carried out on Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000ad TTRPG, and sadly all support will soon end this month, I have looked into somehow constructing rules for the Dark Judges.

Looking at first the old GW Judge Dredd RPG, and recently having a look at the MGP Traveller edition I have tinkered a little, incorporating a little from the early Dredd vs. Death and Judge Anderson stories. I have attached a Word document with this post on the Dark Judges (the Sisters of Death - well I treat as malignant spectral entities for the time being), to see what anyone has to say, or to use.

Once again, I would like to thank the devs at ENPublishing for creating the best version of the Judge Dredd rpg.

Attachments

• The Dark Judges.docx
    2 MB · Views: 111

John R White

Villager
Hello everyone

Seeing as I really liked the work carried out on Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000ad TTRPG, and sadly all support will soon end this month, I have looked into somehow constructing rules for the Dark Judges.

Looking at first the old GW Judge Dredd RPG, and recently having a look at the MGP Traveller edition I have tinkered a little, incorporating a little from the early Dredd vs. Death and Judge Anderson stories. I have attached a Word document with this post on the Dark Judges (the Sisters of Death - well I treat as malignant spectral entities for the time being), to see what anyone has to say, or to use.

Once again, I would like to thank the devs at ENPublishing for creating the best version of the Judge Dredd rpg.
Cool. GMs might like to equip suction traps to unfortunate Judges tasked with dealing with this powerful entities at some point in a campaign?

Hey John thanks for the thumbs up.

Actually had the time to work on that a fortnight back when on holiday, and then thought about the synergy mechanic when looking back through the classic Judge Death works by Bolland and Brett Ewins . The latter for Judge Anderson.

On their own they are bad news, working together a nightmare.

Evening all,

Had a look at the original doc and noted some typos due to a lot of copy and paste of exploits/traits and corrected them. Attached a refined form of the original in the initial post.

Added some notes to Judge Fire relating to the Dreams of Deadworld where he went underwater to pursue two former renegade Dark Judges and their mutilated tortured captors, as well as adding a level of paranoia to Judge Fear that was also alluded to in the Dreams of Deadworld series.

Was thinking of adding an obsessive flaw to the gleefully sadistic Judge Mortis regarding his obsession over an antique Watch/Timepiece. Where if it somewhat got misplaced Mortis would go into this manic state (a la Gollum in the Hobbit) trying to find it, yet thought it would detract from how vicious and methodical the dark judge was.

Anyway, let me know if anything seems out of place ;)

John R White

Villager
Judge Mortis's powers of decay don't affect gold, as evidenced by the pocket watch he used in the Deathworld strips and the Hondo Judges nearly managing to encase him in gold.

So, a vulnerability to gold....that explains why his dog watch rose not disintegrate. Okay, will update Morris and will add Confused condition should be misplace it.

I have updated/amended Judge Mortis as appropriate.

Last edited:

Hello again

Have made an addition to the Dark Judges doc and added the Sisters of Death after a liitle tinkering with them. Seeing as they are (were) actually budding necromancers as well as insane death cultists I have given them a PSI/MAG rating. Preferring to use the Sorcery made easy pdf for Dark Decade/O.L.D. setting.

Let me know what you think, still consider Nausea and Phobia a work in progress, and couldn't get the formatting just right so just used the one column this time.

By the way, MDP for Judge Death is 9d6, the other three are 8d6.

Remove ads