• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Declaration of Sovereignty

Xath

Moder-gator
Please edit and add.

The Declaration of the Sovereignty of the Phoenix Kingdom as Evidenced Under the Light

When, in the course of events for all sentient peoples, irredeemable atrocity and treachery within the current political system force its dissolution, a decent respect to the opinions of all sentient beings requires that we should here declare the causes which impel us to open and just rebellion against the current regime, and lead us to the establishment of a true monarchy under the will and power of the Light.

We hold certain truths manifest, that all members of sentient species are equal from birth through life, that they are endowed by the Light with the entitlement to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to ensure these rights, a just and true monarchy is established, deriving its’ powers from the will of the light and the consent of the overseeing council. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that all sentient species are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of the populous of the Falcon Kingdom; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of the Falcon Kingdom, King Tain Hawkson I, is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over the Ringed Continent and all contained within. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has conspired with an aspect of Mordred the Black for the ruination and corruption of the kingdom, and all contained therein.

He has supplied various weaponry, not to exclude Drakespowder and articles reliant, to the draconic forces which plague the land.

He has ordered and had executed, or attempted, the members of many noble houses including but not limited to the, the Marquis of Sylvannus, the Barony of Atur, the Duchy of Oceanus, the Barony of Hyrwl, [Jaine’s House], the Embassy of Clan Thunderheart in Thanesport, the Clanhold of Arutha’s Forge, and many more not listed here.

He has conspired to replace members of the Noble’s Council with members of his own choosing.

He has deviated from the path of the Light by affiliating himself with the Shadowstone, and thus, an aspect of Tiamat, Lady of Shadow.

He, in secret, leads the draconic armies which now plague the land.

By his order, countless thousands of innocents have been forced to walk the Shadowpath, and have thus been twisted to his will by dark magic.

Through his control of the draconic armies, he has ordered attack and siege on many cities of the ringed continent, including but not limited to Oceanus, Caer Albion, Hyrwl, Citadel Refuge, Atur, and Arutha’s Forge.

(MORE)

The time has past for us to petition for redress. Our previous petitions were answered only with injury. A bastard prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. We, the people of the Phoenix Kingdom, declare that the end of the Falcon Kingdom is at hand and the Phoenix Kingdom is newly arisen.

We, therefore, the representatives of the fully sovereign Phoenix Kingdom, appealing to the Light for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name and by the authority of the Light and the people of Aeres, solemnly publish and declare, that this Kingdom, under current rule of her majesty Queen Jaine Rhynn, ought be free of the Falcon Kingdom, and that the people therein are absolved from all allegiance to the crown of the Falcon Kingdom, and that all connection between them and those who freely follow under rule of said tyrant ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free sovereignty, the Phoenix Kingdom has the full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and do all other acts and things which independent nations may of right do. As a first act of which, we hereby declare the solemn intent to see the dissolution of the Falcon Kingdom and the reinstatement of its lands and peoples under the Phoenix Kingdom. We hereby declare War against King Tain Hawkson I, his draconic and undead followers, and any who may choose to follow him in his quest for tyrannical dominance. —And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of the providence of the Light, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.

Signed

Queen Jaine Rhynn, Sovereign of the Phoenix Kingdom
Lord Archonus Bluestar, Prince Regent of the Phoenix Kingdom, Prince of the North
Lord Archonus Arendorr, Marquis Sylvannus, Member of the Circle of the Phoenix
Lady Justice Greyclaw, Baroness Caer Melyn, Duchess Oceanus, Member of the Circle of the Phoenix
Lady L'Aurel Woodshadow, Baroness Hyrwl, Member of the Circle of the Phoenix
Lord Henry Hansbury, Baron Atur
Lord Firstname Greyclaw, Duke Oceanus
Firstname Preston, Head of the Church of the Light
Jansten Lastname, Member of the Circle of the Phoenix
Kaereth of One Oak, Member of the Circle of the Phoenix
Xath Stormwind Thunderheart, Member of the Circle of the Phoenix
(MORE)

Last edited:

Also - I think a Declaration of Grievances and an independent Declaration of Sov. might be good... however - they can go together... either way is fine with me. Looks good, Gertie. Nice work! :)

Xath

Moder-gator
I based it off of the Declaration of Independence (if you couldn't tell with all of the blatant quotes) which incorporated the grievances within. I do think that we could do with a separate declaration of war though.

Xath said:
I based it off of the Declaration of Independence (if you couldn't tell with all of the blatant quotes) which incorporated the grievances within. I do think that we could do with a separate declaration of war though.
We could serve an official Dec of War - yes... we got one from Mordred, if you recall.

Dec. of Sov. is somewhat *more* than a Dec. of Independence, though... which is why I thought maybe the grievances could go in a different dec... but, that's not really important. :) Like I said - looks good!

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
And fixed the Greyclaw.
You might want to back off the "all races created equal thing," or else you're going to have (for instance) sentient undead, draconids, etc. in the future testifying before the courts that their spawn should be in schools integrated with those of the living, etc. and that they can't be prosecuted (or persecuted) by the wording of your own declaration.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
"All sentient live beings of natural good or neutral alignment?"
Goes back to the problem that alignments can be faked.

It's a sticky subject - not sure I have a solution for you. It would take some thought.

Remove ads