• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The DM's Pie

tonym

First Post
Last D&D session the DM surprised us--his players--with a pie. It was one of those tasty chocolate-pudding pies with whipped cream on top. On top of the pie the DM had poked-in a bunch of candles.

...they turned-out to be joke candles. They crackled and sparked and re-lit themselves after we blew them out. Haha. :]

The pie celebrated the ONE-YEAR MILESTONE of our group adventuring within Monte Cook's "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil." It has been an awesome adventure, by the way. The DM says we are nearly done--one session left, probably. (I'm not so sure, though. I'm thinking the joke-candles were foreshadowing something...)

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my DM's coolness with my fellow ENWorlders, and ask...Have any other DMs out there ever celebrated a gaming-group milestone? If so, what was the milestone and how was it celebrated?

:]

Tony M

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Silver Moon celebrated his group's 21st anniversary last weekend - with cake and everything. They still have four of the original players. Amazing.

My campaign is coming up on its 11th anniversary. Wheee! :D

BiggusGeekus@Work

Community Supporter
I am envious. We never have celebrations. Of course, our group is only a couple years old, but still ....

.... I want a pie with a funky candle, durn it!

Sinistar

Our groups have fragmented time and again. This next month we are losing two of our players who have been with us for several years. But that is the life of a new Doctor. My player just got her MD PHD and is starting residency in Il.

As a going away get together we are doing a one-shot last game night with her and her husband before they move. It is a celebration, but it will be a sad one...

A group I was in once celebrated the one-year anniversary with a cake - in the shape of a tombstone, with small flags for each of the deceased PCs from that year.

There were about forty of them.

Angcuru

First Post
Savage Wombat said:
A group I was in once celebrated the one-year anniversary with a cake - in the shape of a tombstone, with small flags for each of the deceased PCs from that year.

There were about forty of them.

You don't want to know what our group does with our Dead Characters' sheets(those that the players allow us to, anyway.):D

Remove ads